New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have two of these cameras. Both cameras are experiencing the same problem. I know for a fact I have the camera set up properly.

My problem is that the camera is taking pictures when nothing is in front of it. It also fails to take pictures when there actually is something (like me or a deer) in front of it. I have the PIR setting on 10-80 like is suggested for this area.

The camera is sending me the pictures is is taking, so there is no problem in transmission. These are two brand new out of the box and both are doing the same thing.Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Lol sometimes I like to think my cams are missing deer but everytime I walk infront it sends me a picture so as far as I know mine are working. I also put out. A regular trail camera like 15 yards from it just incase

·
Registered
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My problem is that it fails to take even a picture of me when I am in front of it.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
No comment, as my thoughts on this POS cam are well documented.

The kool-aid drinkers will tell you "operator error" I say BS, it's the cam.

Been using U-way and they have been trouble free....(non-pro-staff opinion [ninja])

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
so you pulled the sd card and verified that the cam isn't taking pics of you or are your going off what has been sent?

·
Registered
431 Posts
".....must be the dreaded ghosts of deer seasons past coming to haunt that spot!" Only the camera can capture them!

Anthony:)

·
Registered
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so you pulled the sd card and verified that the cam isn't taking pics of you or are your going off what has been sent?
Correct. The pictures that are written to the chip are largely pictures of nothing, all of which are being sent to me without problem.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
What time delay do you have it set for ? And does it send you a pic at the time you walk Infront of it but just doesn't have your in it ?

·
Registered
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The delay is set at one minute. And no, the camera does not take a picture of me when I walk in front of it nor does it seem to be taking pictures when deer are in front of it. It does however take random pictures of nothingand then transmits those pictures to me without issue. Thus, I know it's not an issue with my AT&T set up. Rather it appears to be a PIR issue. The weird thing is the fact that both cameras are doing the same thing.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Chris I have the same problem and just got off the phone with Covert. We did the default setting, reformatted the card, and then set it up all over again. Mine would work fine for a few hours then start taking pics every 2 minutes and send them to me. This problem didn't present itself until after I did the firmware update.

·
Registered
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chris I have the same problem and just got off the phone with Covert. We did the default setting, reformatted the card, and then set it up all over again. Mine would work fine for a few hours then start taking pics every 2 minutes and send them to me. This problem didn't present itself until after I did the firmware update.
That's exactly it. It will work perfectly for a couple of hours or a day and then it starts to completely malfunction as described above. Did resetting the default and reformatting work? I tried that about a week agoand I am still having this problem.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
That's when you got them or that's when they were manufactured? They could have been sitting on a shelf if you just got them in August. All I know is that yhe firmware update has cleared up a bunch of issues. But I haven't heard of the issue your having.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
That's exactly it. It will work perfectly for a couple of hours or a day and then it starts to completely malfunction as described above. Did resetting the default and reformatting work? I tried that about a week agoand I am still having this problem.
I don't know yet because I just did it an hour ago, but it seems to be working fine. I spoke with Shawna at covert and we did the reset. If it doesn't work I will be sending it back.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I'll take them off your hands for$25.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
[rofl] lol. Its what they are worth. [rofl]

1 - 20 of 32 Posts