New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21,477 Posts
Because you can only use "100 max characters" in a sentence to be sent.

Next time just pm each other email addresses ;)

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
You usually get just about 4 lines of text, so once you get to that point, finish up or it will get cut off.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
When we send money to be a sponsor, what does all the money go towards? The site was recently "upgraded" but I cannot imagine Kb cost a lot of money to increase for message size, or search... just curious.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
All that money? I doubt this site brings in much revenue. Whoever owns it probably loses money on it.

Besides, look at this thread. 3 of the 6 posters prior to mine are not even sponsors and yet they complain about the site.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
3 of the 6 posters prior to mine are not even sponsors and yet they complain about the site.
When this site comes close to being up to date with technology and works correctly I will be glad to contribute.

I’m a member of other forums where contributors, which is what you are unless you’re advertising, are kept up to date as to how the funds are used. I personally know “sponsors” of this forum and they have no clue as to how their contribution(s) are used.

I’m only speculating but I would bet I’m right. This site may not be making the owner rich but I would bet if he was losing considerable money from his personal pockets he would shut it down.

·
Registered
12,709 Posts
Come on Mike. This isn't a fortune 500 company lol. I am sure he uses the contributions to pay for his bandwith. Hell I don't care if he uses it to buy broadheads the site is still here and it takes some effort to run it.

I am not positive but I think the pm thing is to keep bandwith down thus keeping costs down. The more content on a site the more bandwith. I know other forums that will delete posts that have no relevance to the forum topic. Never seen that happen here. (Unless there is some useless BS no one wants to read lol)

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Stevo...I'm not the one who threw non-sponsers under the bus in this thread. I simply replied honestly. I have read past thread comments from "sponsers" who complained they contribute but nothing changes, in fact the site operated better before the last upgrade. Search is an important basic feature and it's not been working correctly for months. Like I said I would have no problem contributing to a site that is up to date and fully operational.

I don't think it's asking to much for the site owner to have a "sticky" thread which does not accept replies and is updated regularly pointing out site issues and what is being done, maybe a feedback section that he only has access to.

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
When this site comes close to being up to date with technology and works correctly I will be glad to contribute.

Like I said I would have no problem contributing to a site that is up to date and fully operational.
But you have no problem contributing posts to site? [eyeroll][eyeroll] Maybe you should stop posting all together if the site is that bad.[eyeroll]

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
bill...No I don't have a problem contributing posts to the site. The great majority of my posts are to help members who ask questions. I don't come here mainly to bitch and moan, bring up personal issues, sell stuff or brag about my kills. I never said the site is bad, don't put "words" in my mouth. All I said is it needs to be updated or at least operating correctly before anyone should expect me or others to contribute.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you shouldn't have to pay for a forum anyway, i contribute to the NRA and buy all licenses and stamps..I am thankful for the website and if people are going to complain about non-sponsers not contributing then maybe NJH should have an automatic joining cost when you 1st start

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
I do agree the site could operate better mikec. But its a seven dollars for sponsorship. I think its worth it. But that's just me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.