New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Im color blind and have a very very hard time tracking if I dont see the animal go down. A friend bought one and said it sucked, he gave it to me cause he knows Im color blind and thought it might help. It didnt help me at all. My son had a really cool flashlight for a while though [hihi]

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
it works somewhat... I have the small one and I will say the white light on it is the brightest flashlight I have ever owned before. I use that more for tracking then the red and green mix. Also i like just using the redlight in the morning if in need a flahlight walking to my stand. One thing I have used before is the bloodhound spray mix tracking deer. That stuff works amazing even after the blood was washed away with the rain. It glows like crazy when sprayed on blood. I feel everyone should have a bottle of that in the truck just in case.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...9x00001a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=SPM4964526501

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I agree with the Tinks Starlight Bloodhound spray. That stuff works good. I'd recomend 2 bottles. Had a deer once up in the Gap that was hit good but it had bedded down 20 yds behind my buddies stand. When he climbed down to come up and help me track, it got up and took off. Didn't realize that is what it had done until much later. It was a Saturday night and we only had 1 bottle and ran out. You might get 100yds if the blood trail is faint. I believe it picks up the protein enzymes to make it glow.

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
Thing sux. It makes you dizzy! Just use an old fashion light. I have one you can have if your in the North Jersey area!

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
I have a Primos blodlight. I didn't buy it for blood tracking, I bought it because it has 3 separate light colors which I like. I have tested it on blood just to see how it works and I honestly wouldn't recommend it to anyone for the purposes of tracking deer. It's a sturdy, well built and durable light that stays on the shoulder strap of my back pack at all times, but, if I'm tracking blood, I'd pick up the brightest LED I have, first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.