New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did you and your friends do this year and in the past in zone 4? I got 2 bucks this year, 5 pointer with the bow, and a 9 pointer with the smokepole, shotgun season sucked.

I hunt roughly 4 miles north of the DIGMANS FERRY BRIDGE on OLD MINE ROAD

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, saw your other post, you hunted not far from me in the MONTAGUE area. How big was your bear back in 2003? I took one out there also she was live weight 200lbs. dressed out at 150LBS

I agree the deer herd in zone 4 is way way down, nothing like it was back a few years ago

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
bhc- the bear itook in 03 dressed at 176 lbs. This year i passed on a couple of does. Then went to a place my buddy has in randolph. Shot a doe and a 7pt. In zone my friends shot a couple of does, a spike with the bow and a 6 with the ml. We will see about winter bow.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
For Gods sake, whatever you do, make sure you harvest a few does out of zone 4. The place is over run with them darn does.:D :p :D

I'll be up there all during winter bow trying to thin the herd.:D

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Thats ok Prez, Im inviting 40 of my closest friends to help me reduce the numbers up there.

We're gonna do deer drives, stand hunt, bait, you name it, we will be employing every legal tactic. Heck maybe we can just "stress" some of the does to death.

:p:D:D:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL:D, Matty, leave my zone 4 deer alone[up], those poor things have a rough time already with no farms around, and there are only about 10 deer there, herd needs to grow:p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts