New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Behind the house in Warren County. My neighbor shot a coyote on opening day of shotgun around the corner, so I know they are out there. It is mostly hardwoods.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I hunt coyotes in Sterling Forest NY. There I use my .22LR with CCI Stingers can't do that in NJ. I am thinking about gettung a .223 also for this purpose. A shotgun set up as if turkey hunting is good also.

I have an electronic call with a remote control. I set the call 30 yds from me.

The best results are found just after dark with a coyote howl. For that you obviously need a light on the gun.

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
I took a guy Turkey hunting this past spring. He bought a coyotte bawler. The first time I blew it out of the box I threw it on the ground.He said Yo what are you doing I paid good money for it. I told him it a party horn used on New years eve and thats all its good for get ride of it.Don't want to mention the manufacturer because the guys a great turkey hunter and well proven. It was to commercial for me and saw no way to tune it cause I tried.

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Looks like in the special winter season coyote and fox it is required to have a special permit.Did I read it correctly. Also with in 24 hr the animal needs to be reported to FWLE.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts