New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rifle hunt on properties controlled by the Division of Parks and Forestry? We all know WMA's are open to rifle hunting but what about those lands controlled by the Parks/Forestry Service....anyone know?

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
Only park I ever hunted was Allaire and it specified Deer Hunting Only. I would think if the Park does not specify then it is ok. It is right on their signs.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is right on their signs.
I understand what you're saying Stevo but some open space that is open to hunting is controlled by the Division of Parks and Forestry which in turn gives jurisdiction/regulation to a nearby park. It's a slippery slope because I know Parks and Forestry has designations for whether you can hunt small game,waterfowl,deer and turkey but no mention of predator.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
There's nothing in the digest that limits you to wma or any specific land to use a rifle, I would think unless the actual park itself says you can't you will be ok.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
I had the same question last predator season. I couldn't, and still can't, get a straight answer. One office says yes and another says no. Similar to the answers I get from the CO's. Best answer I got was from a gentleman with Parks out of the Trenton office. He said that as a whole, the Parks honor all open hubting seasons but that he suggests talking to each park as some have restrictions.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Call all three CO offices and ask them. Get the names of the officers and dates and times you called . If all the answers dont jive together then more investigation is required on your part

Reactions: maximus
1 - 6 of 6 Posts