New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wts...there's ton of them around. i gotta see what's happening first. i'll let you know.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
I went out on the peaquest river today. I was at the the hatchery in the conservation stretch. I was using a black and silver rebel. got one rainbow about 22" and another that was like 7" and missed two others that were big. the river was up a little and a bit stained. all the fish I got were right tight against the bank.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Hey why not go? you don't even need waders let that cold river water gently caress the boys? and catch some trout while your at it? :D;):p[smirk]

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Posted: 20 Dec 2005 10:47 PM

Currently Offline Posts: 191
I went out on the peaquest river today. I was at the the hatchery in the conservation stretch. I was using a black and silver rebel. got one rainbow about 22" and another that was like 7" and missed two others that were big. the river was up a little and a bit stained. all the fish I got were right tight against the bank.
That's interesting. I was at the Flatbook fly fishing only stretch on Thanksgiving. It seems the thousands of fish that were there & visible in Sept were washed away by that week of rain. I was using a White Maribou & a Muddler Minnow and caught nothing.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Fish always hold the right bank (facing upstream) at the Pequest in the winter. Water from the spillway is warmer and the trout hold in it.

-dan

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man you got me itching now Woj...Suppose to be in the 40's....
i'm sorry joe...:p

yeah i want to get out to. i don't know if i can go out hunting yet. walking will be fine but dragging a deer won't be good for me yet. fishing on the other hand...hmmmm

i see no problems with it.:D

·
Registered
949 Posts
Off also next week, I have not trout fished since a few weeks after the fall stockings. Did pretty good at the Manasquan.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
I'd definitely like to get out for some fly fishing in the late winter or spring. I haven't fished north NJ in a couple years now, used to go to the Pequest, the Musk, the South Branch, and the Gorge. All nice spots, man I miss the NNJ streams! ;)

Nuttin down here in South NJ! I grew up fishing the Manasquan, Toms River, and some of the Metedeconk. Haven't fished them in quite a few years. I started fly fishing and kind of gravitated towards those artificial only, delayed harvest, and fly fishing only stretches because they tend to hold more and bigger fish. I also fish PA quite a bit as my parents live right up there near the Lehigh river, Little Lehigh, Tully, Little Schulykill, etc.

Does anyone here fly fish any of those streams/creeks?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Woj,

Just means you need to hunt with a friend to help drag your deer!

-dan

·
Registered
949 Posts
It not the same since they stopped float stocking. There are some nice fish in the Manasquan. You just have to walk the stream a little, there are some nice honey holes all over. Monday's stocking days are shoulder to shoulder since they now drop the fish off the bridges.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just means you need to hunt with a friend to help drag your deer!
you gonna do it for me?:D

i know...jerseyjim loves to drag out other peoples deer.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts