New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!!!!:D[up] Thats a huge elk......Any idea as to where it was taken?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Rumor has it that the guy had a light (or something) on his site... so that might disqualify him.
That stinks.

What a BEAST! Theres just something about a BIG GIANT BULL ELK that gets the old ticker going. In my opinion, elk are one of the most awesome creatures walking this earth. Someday I have to try and bowhunt them![cool]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I've tried. Now they are doing even LESS permits than years past.

This guy is a nice PA bull.....I saw bigger ones on a few of my trips. They are so cool![cool]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Its not my place, the cabin belongs to a friend of mine.

Im sure he'd let you come out and stay if you drew an elk tag though. Of course you'd probably have to buy him (us) dinner at Hoss's one night. Oh and if you got one, he (we) would have to get some elk meat.;)[up]:D MMMMmmmm ELK IS DELICIOUS!!!

He knows exactly where to find those bulls too.....There were more and bigger ones last year. I had a 7X9 within ten yards of me. I have video footage of it. No still pics. It was humungous. Not like the world record humungous, but Id compare it to my truck with antlers!:D I could have shot about seven different cows too.....Oh its the best....Its the only reason I will buy a PA non-res license![up]

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Rumor has it that the guy had a light (or something) on his site... so that might disqualify him.
Enhance the section of the pic with his bow: surely someone here could pick out whether it is rigged for a light or not.

Still a monster!

I wouldn't care about the 'book' - its a tremendous bull.

Its funny how when someone bags an enormous deer or elk - there is always a controversy, and yet if someone bags a record Coues Deer or smaller antlered species it gets a golf clap.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Yes I think its any legal weapon of your choice. (of course they do have limits on guage, caliber, draw weight) You know what Id be using!;) Oh yeah, Id love to put an arrow into one of them big ol bad boys![cool]

The tags are cow or bull specific though. You could draw a cow tag and be surrounded by 10 monster bulls. Boy would that stink!:eek::D

Did you apply this year Kris?

They are doing two different hunts next year. One during the elk rut in Sep. and then the usual one in Nov.

September would be super exciting.....hearing those bulls bugling in the hills. [up][up]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts