New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a farmer i lease a small plot from is seeking small group or club to lease approx 200 acres in zone 11
hes looking for about $50 an acre...
contact me for more info ...any intrested parties will pay a finders fee 0f 350$
must be fully insured ,respectable hunters that obey the laws and show courtesy to the farmer and his land

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
You have an email were we can contact you. I checked the site for your email and your not there. Tony

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
$50.00 an acre[confused] Seems kinda high, in fact, you could get a prime Pike County Ill. lease for that, probably less. You guys might want to think twice before paying that kind of money...$50.00 this year, maybe he thinks he can $60.00 next year from you, and so on. The only way to stop such offensively high lease prices is to refuse to pay them.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
$50.00 an acre,is the the going price for hunting land today?$10,000 seems like an awful lot of money, I hope the land has some golden deer on it.What percentage of it is fields compared to hardwoods?

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
that's 10 grand, And how many people can hunt 200 acres comfortably. I hate seeing other hunters when I'm hunting. Especialy for us guys who sit dark to dark. SO i'm thinking 5 guys for every 50 acres. SO 20 for 200. That might work if it's all hard woods with very little field. And that's still 500 a guy. I think anymore people would be to crowded.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
SO i'm thinking 5 guys for every 50 acres. SO 20 for 200. That might work if it's all hard woods with very little field. And that's still 500 a guy. I think anymore people would be to crowded
Holy Cow...20 guys on 200 acres? You can do better than that on public land. The great thing about a lease is quality hunting...20 guys on 200 acres is not quality hunting, you'll be on top of each other.

Me personally, I wouldn't join a lease that had more than 4 guys on 200 acres, trust me, that will get crowded enough. Not all 200 acres is going to be good deer territory, and even if it is, there are only so many good stand sites on 200 acres. I'm on a lease that has 9 guys on 1700 acres, and when you each get a few spots to take into account for wind direction, food sources etc., we end up close to each other.

Give that landowner a reality check and offer him $10.00 an acre. $2000.00 is plenty fair for 200 acres.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I was just thinking out loud. Belive me if I was hunting 200 acres I'd want it all to myself. I was just saying to make it affordable for the avrage joe. I'm with the 2000.00 for 200. still 500 for 4 guys.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Give that landowner a reality check and offer him $10.00 an acre. $2000.00 is plenty fair for 200 acres
Thats what I'm talking about,$50.00 an acre is wayyyyy too much.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hey NJ Bowhntr, time for a reality check. This is Jersey. $50 per acre is the going rate. It's a sad reality but they will get it from someone. 4 people on 200ac get serious . It won't happen in thes state. try multiplying that number by 5 or 10. IT'S SAD BUT THAT'S THE REALITY OF IT.:(

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Here in my area (zone 8) $30 is top dollar for a working farm ( corn & beans not hay) with hardwoods. Some pay more but not many.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Well, I must be outta touch because I don't know any lease in NJ, Ohio, Iowa, or even Pike County Ill that goes for $50.00 an acre. I guess there could be a few out there, but I think saying it's the "going rate" is over stating it. Do you actually know of a few leases that go for that kind of money?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
my 2cents. the club I was in last year(south jersey) was 450 acres total, 350 woods and was $7000 to lease. now dont ask cause you wont like it, they took in too many guys last year and it turned into a shooting gallery, I saw more guys than deer.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
200 acres is not very big when you get more than 5 guys on it. As was said it will not be all huntable woods so that reduces it even more.

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Even if there are 20 members, what are the odds of every hunter be there at the same day and same time. Except opening day for the 6 day.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
i wish i owned land....i can lease it for $50 an acre and make a fortune.......thats way too much....$30 is tops

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
3405 if you are serious about this, why have you not given out some more info on this property. Like %of woods and fields, quantity or quality of deers, were in zone 11. Even thought the price is outrages some people would like more information on the property. You don't even leave a contact address.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Go buy 200 acres in NJ. Avg cost per acre $5000.00 * 200 acres = $1,000,000.
20% down and mortgage $800,000
Monthly payment is Approx$4000-5000.00 per month. Total payments $48,000 - 60,000 yearly. Now collect $50.00 per acre and you get $10,000. Only need to come up with$38,000 - $50,000 more to cover your mortgage.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts