New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here’s an unusual photograph that has turned up circulating the nation by e-mail. It shows elk antlers poking through the ice as a woman inspects the situation. Apparently, the elk fell into the river, died and was frozen into the river ice when a cold spell hit. Anyone with information on the photo can call Outdoors writer Brett French at 657-1387 or (800) 543-2505 or e-mail him at [email protected]

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Looks rigged to me. I have a hard time believing that the antlers would stay up like that if a bull fell through the ice. Looks like a cap placed in the snow.

-dan

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I wonder who PETA would blame this one on
Pick-up trucks and SUV's. Global warming doesn't allow ice to get thick enough anymore.

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Sadley enough while a petta person was taking pictures, the bull spooked and ran onto the ice and fell though in waste deep water. The wardens came by but could not revive the elk and because was so cold the elk froze in. The anti sent this picture into national magazine and blamed it on a hunter. Said elk shot and ran into the water and to avoid loss of the hunters life they left the elk there. Ha ha could this be true or a lie thought up by some anti ?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Interesting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.