5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopatcong

Sussex County

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Roxbury, Morris county

Hunt: Morris, Sussex, Ocean, Monmouth, and Warren.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Matty,

I think I may know you. Did you hang out at Buck and B [no swearing please] and shoot for them?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I was never sponsored by them, but I used to hang out there and shoot a lot.

Back when it was accurate archery, I was friends with the owner, Bob Duncan, actually he grew up with my father, thats how I knew him.

It used to be a great place, and my favorite place to be, but I havent been there in ages....except to check a few deer. I heard it moved over onto 15....Billy bobs or something?

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kinda, The new owner is the guy who was working there from J&J he opened it up. Did you know John?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Turkey John? Yes, he was a nice guy, deaf as a door-nail, and kinda moody, but super nice (when he was in a good mood):D

Danny took it over after Bob left, that was when it turned into Buck&Bass... and then I think there was another guy named John, kinda short, goatee, dark hair (not turkey John) that took it over after that. Like I said, Ive been out of the click there for a number of years. My brother stopped in to the new store to buy some senkos, but I havent been there yet.

I looked at your pics, and I dont think I recognize you, so it could be a whole other Matt that you knew.[confused] If not, nice to meet me!:D

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea maybe. One day we will have to meet up and do some hunting I am right up the rd from you and I do allot of local hunting.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Yeah that sounds good. I dont hunt much right around here so it would be nice. I hunt Chester and Montague the most.

I gotta run cause Im burning, err, I mean grilling some chicken steaks....Im in the Landing section of Roxbury, near the Lakes end Marina, so you probably are right up the street....couple miles... Can you smell the chicken steaks?:D

·
Registered
957 Posts
Andover
Sussex

1 - 20 of 61 Posts