1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Police kill bear after 2 entered home in Vernon
Wednesday, June 08, 2005
BY STEFANIE COHEN
Star-Ledger Staff
A 100-pound black bear was shot and killed by Vernon police yesterday after officers responded to a report of two bruins sliding open a screen door to get inside the kitchen of a home in Barry Lakes section of town.

The incident occurred at 2:29 p.m. when resident Margo Spilotras had just finished taking a shower and heard crashing and crunching noises coming from the back of her home. Dressed in only a towel, she ran to the kitchen, where she saw two bears, a 400-pound mother bear and her cub, standing in the room.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/sussex/index.ssf?/base/news-0/1118213736120410.xml&coll=1

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
No need to fear the bears, Commissioner Bradley and the supreme court has a handle on all of this. Fact is that the lady in the towel was at fault for disturbing the bears while they were eating. It was really her fault because she was in the house. The animals have a right to be in a person's house. After all, what do you expect when you keep food in your house - you're just asking for trouble. Plus, the lady had the home built on habitat that was once the bears. It's totally her fault and now those innocent bears are dead.

As for the police officers, they must be pro-hunting and enjoyed shooting those bears. Bloodlust as I see it. The should be put in jail for the rest of their natural lives - along with the woman in the towel. Oh yea, was that towel the woman was wearing made of a natuaral fabric? Probably was made of cotton, a plant that was once living! Throw her in jail with the cops I say!

Wow, now that I actually wrote what I hear the antis say all the time I feel ill. I've got to go and lay down for awhile.

Ant

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
DUDE you got the Anti-Virus you better call your Doctore A.S.A.P. You can die from that.

The woman was lucky the mommy Bear didn't go after Her.

B

·
0 Posts
SIR CZAR CAMPBELL STILL IS STICKING TO HIS WORDS, THAT NJ HAS NO PROBLEMS WITH BEARS, THIS GUY IS SUCH AN A-HOLE

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Cambell say's Bear must eat person to be problem. Till then Kiss my A$$ [down][mad]

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bears getting bolder in Highland Lakes
Vernon woman finds one slashing her screen door
Thursday, June 09, 2005
BY STEFANIE COHEN
Star-Ledger Staff
Judy Beardsley awoke at 7:45 yesterday morning to the sound of bears clawing at her metal recycling bin. That's nothing new -- bears are a familiar sight in the forested mountaintop neighborhood of Highland Lakes in Vernon.

But when Beardsley walked downstairs, she found herself face- to-snout with a bear that was slashing through her kitchen window screen and trying to climb inside. That came as a shock.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/sussex/index.ssf?/base/news-0/1118294764251260.xml&coll=1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts