New Jersey Hunters banner

Poison Ivy Sucks!

3075 Views 56 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Scrubby rack buck
Man last week i got a doe and of course it ran into the most thickest area where i was hunting. It was all stickers and poison ivy. Now i have it. I get it SO bad. I went to the doctors yesterday to get the shot of steriods to start knocking it out.

Anyone else here gets it bad? whats your remedy to get rid of it. for me only the shot and i get the 7 day steriod pills.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
i heard the gas one bfore. i also heard rubbing alcohol, but it didn't work good.

the minute i see spots coming up i go right to the doctor. this is the only way for me.
what about in the anus! lol

i've done that one last year. ever get caught in the woods with no TP and then holy crap you have to go? sumac leaves does wonders!!! LOL

never again! i was out of work for 2 weeks.
to far from the bay. i have heard that works as well tho.
it did suck. everyone loves when i tell that story. a friend of mine usually starts to cry from all the laughing he does when he hears it.
I can just picture you sitting in the Bay, spreading you cheeks !
you're worrying me, paul! lol
you are in the beginning stages of the NJH fit club
i never said i was in the club...lol:p

funny tho.
Im just busting your chops Woj. Im no string bean either
i hear ya. i know i should be in it. i never said i was skinny;)
are you the one who lives in califon?
thats where i hunt! you hunt it?
if i just get close to it i get it.
Maybe we could get together one Saturday...
I would love to. i used to hunt califon on hollow brook road, it's off califon road.

you on top of the gorge or on 513?
i park right on 513. you probably see my truck before.

email me.
i bet we have been watching the same deer.

what side of the road you live on?
yeah i got mine last saturday.
Beaverkill,

email sent.
I pour straight bleach on it when I get it... Burn's a little but seem's to dry it out...
you talking about your "thing" again Rich?
The doctor gave me my steriod shot on friday and today i just picked my steriods (pills) for it. Prednisone is what it is called.
that's what i get to. the steriods does wonders.
LOL i hear ya Matty. all i can do is dream.;)
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.