New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
I've gone each year for both races for the last few years. We camp in the infield Friday and Saturday, usually get there Thurs night, but not going this year. It's my own little protest against all the changes and inconsistent calls. ;)

I'm one of those fans that doesn't like the new direction Brian France is taking it.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Drag- Thought about Pocono. I live about 35 minutes from NHIS in Loudon, NH. A skip from BHC's sister I believe. I just picked up 10 tickets for the September race @ NHIS. Girl I work with is dating Carl Edwards.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
I'm going to Bristol THUNDER DOME this weekend. No interest in going to Pocono

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I plan to be there for the June race with my brother in law and father in law. I usually go to either the June or July race. Love the racing but hate the traffic.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Didnt go---my brother-in-law goofed on the tickets and me and my father-in-law go shut out. No big deal as we hope to go in July. Also, we have been hitting Wall Speedway on Sat nites which has been fun.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Drag, try Dover, it's much better from a fans standpoint than Pocono. You can see the whole track at Dover, and they go plenty fast. It's one of the best tracks to watch a race at.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what the guy sitting behind us said! Our seats were in the terrace vista... so we could see the entire track at Pocono.

I loved the fact that you can bring your own beer (in cans)... and smoke cigarettes/cigars... no problems.

It was a freaking scorching day.

The only thing that was anti climatic was the end of the race... freaking 5 laps to go... yellow flag... so we all get excited for a final 2 lap shoot out. Then once all the cars start going again...another freaking flag... so the race finished under a caution.

Oh well.. it was fun.

·
3,413 Posts
Tell that guy in suspenders "Down in front!!!"

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Ya gotta try Bristol.I've gone down to the last 2 spring races and theres not a better track to watch a race. We were going to go to the August race but we will be on our way back from our Canada fishing trip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts