New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out this morning and saw the same 4 pont buck I passed last monday. HJe was chasing a Doe and her baby. At about 8am I here a Rifle go off roughly 400 yards away. When you hear one shot at 8am you know damn well it is a poacher sneaking onto the land. I was so pissed off I got down and went looking for the scum.I didn't find him but I found bloody drag marks[mad] I can only hop it is not the buck I have been hunting for the last 2 years. I have a feeling it is [down] as I went back and found where it was gutted and it had the male parts and was definatly a large pile of guts. Needless to say I am so angry my hunting season could very well be over as I just can't deal with this B.S anymore.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Please dont tell me they might have shot that monster.

I think I would actually kill the SOB that would cheat like that. What a piece of sh-t!

Watch the local check stations, and listen to the rumor mills up there Dave. I PRAY TO GOD it was NOT that deer. Oh my God, I feel sick......:(:eek:[down][mad]

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Friday evening while I was climbing down from my stand I heard a single shotgun blast. It was about 6:45PM and very dark.Probably a poacher.

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Not sure where you are at Dave...Make the call and report it.
OPERATION GAME THIEF
CALL TOLL FREE
1 (800) 222-0456
IT'S CONFIDENTIAL!

or

Law Enforcement 908-735-8240 (Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union, Warren)
Law Enforcement 609-259-2120 (Burlington, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean)
Law Enforcement 856-629-0555 (Atlantic, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Salem)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Doesn't help that there's a $100,000 deer contest going on as well, which will CERTAINLY entice some folks to break the law. Should be illegal to have a big buck contest with that big a pay out. I bet there will be more poaching going on this year as a result of that [down][down][down][down][mad]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Poachers suck dont they?[down]

They are the lowest form of life slithering around the earth.[mad]

IF they shot that big buck, people will hear about it. Even if they didnt want people to know....That thing is so big it will eventually leak out. I mean, that buck COULD be the state record typical.

Eventually it will surface.

Dave, when you call Operation Game thief, see if the state will look into it NOW. Show them the blood/gutpile, tell them you heard a rifle shot. If anything, maybe they will find them, and we can prosecute for tresspassing?

All I know is, no matter what buck they shot. I hope they get theirs someday, somehow! [mad]

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just placed the call but not much can be done now I suppose.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess it was better I didn't find the Perp as I may have done something that would have put me in jail as I was so f***ing mad you can't even imagine.

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
You never know Dave...This call could be tied in with other calls or inforamtion...You know,,,detective stuff[up]

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
people do that with pheasants all the time...one time about a half hour before hunting hours two hens were sitting in a tree and were getting ready to fly so this guy shot them and just left before anyone could call the ranger..next week the guy got there early and had his gun loaded with 5 shotgun shells before hunting hours...the ranger was there wating for him...said goodbye to his gun and had a major fine...

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Dave you should off had called the CO right away. They have all kinds of technology to catch this DIRT BAGS. At least they will know that there are some kind of poaching activity going on and they will keep an eye out for the area.
I have one were I hunt, I could of had nailed him two years ago on opening day, but the [no swearing please] wooping he got was better then a ticket.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya know looking back it is obvious I should have called right away. But what happened was I was so mad I could not think straight, which is usually not the case with me. I am always level headed but seeing that gut pile put me into a rage and the rest is history. Last year Fish & Game had a tip that some deer were taken in this area without tags and they cuaght them in a little over an hour.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
SCUMMMMMBAGGGGSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [mad][mad][down][down]

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm sorry Dave, poachers are garbage, human garbage. They have no regard for the pleasure or beauty of our sport. Just selfish bastards. I hope F&G gets them and really puts the screws to 'em.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
good that you made the call. You should make sure you talk to some one live. They can go out and get part of the gut pile. If a big buck comes in from that area - and the rumor mill gets started - They can noew do forensics (sp) and tie it back to the gut pile. The deer will have to have been checked in at a station either the day you herd the shot or the day after. They can pull residue off the hide - pretty amazing what they can do. They can put the screws to the guy - very easy to back track a deer to where it was killed, where the gut pile is etc

If its just a poacher killing the deer to kill the deer and not going to check it in or try to win something, well nothing to be done. This happens all over the state - usually we dont hear the shots - or they are late at night.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
That would bug the crap out of me. Over the past few yeara I have found headless deer where I hunt. And it is private. I wish I knew who it was. It's tough. I doubt that deer went to a check station.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
poachers should be Shot,hung then burned.... right in the middle of Town Square for all to see. Wait that was wrong of me to say that.....NOT Do as they do in Africa... Poach and you will die.

People like them give us hunters a bad rap.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
We had the farmer behind our club that had "farmer tags" and was doing a lot of killing during Fall Bow. You would hear single shots each night at dusk and then hear the pickup truck pull into the fields. Never shot does so what does that say??

Fortunately I think it stopped last year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts