New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Sussex County, Orange County NY, Northern Morris Cnty, Western pasaic county.

My parents are celebrating their 50th anniversary, I'm putting together a personalized dinning guide complete with index, menues and directions and of course a hefty prepaid visa card.

Hamburg
Vernon
Laffayette
Sparta
Newton
Franklin
Riverdale
Jeferson
West Milford
Warwick

Any where in-between!

All types of restaurants are welcome from fine dinning to diners.

Thanks much.

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Best Thai in North Jersey is Pandan Room on Moore St. in Hackettstown, or Origins Thai in Morristown if that's not too far. Salt gastro pub in Byram has a great beer and wine menu along with excellent specials and prices. I'm fairly new to this area, but looking forward to what else people recommend. Congrats to you parents on their Golden.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Garlic Rose in Madison - nice place for a romantic dinner.
Smith's Tavern in Rockaway - great place for a beer and burger, plus a few nice deer heads on the walls.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I just went to the new restaurant in Ogdensburg - Atlantic Manor. They have an excellent menu, including seafood specialties, a couple of different paella dishes, and Brazilian style barbecue (Rodizio). We had the Paella Valencia, and it was as good as any Portuguese style paella I've had in the specialty restaurants in Newark. Rodizio is the plan next time.

A bit pricey for the area, but not for the quality of the food.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Town Tavern-Macopin Rd West Milford (buffet)

Castle Tavern East Shore Drive Greenwood Lake NY
( may only be outdoors this time of year)

Pub 99 near Lake Hopatcong (not sure what town)

Mason Jar Rt 202 mahwah

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Without a doubt, the Walpack Inn. Nothing beats Friday dinner there! They're only open Fri-Sun, but I don't think they take credit cards.

Also, Since you mentioned NY, you MUST check out Cornucopia, which is just outside of Port Jervis, in Deerpark. It's a German restaurant with OUTSTANDING food. They also serve "non-German" food as well. I've NEVER had prime rib as good as theirs.

Also, I've been told that Riviera Maya in Frankford is the best Mexican food in the area.

Let us know what your final choices are!

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
Luzzis Hibernia Inn, just off rt 80 rockaway on Green pond Rd. Great Italian food for a special night. No beer swilling here, tablecloths unlike some like pub 199. Call in advance and discuss it dont just show up

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
230 grain, would you happen to know the name of the Italian resturant on franklin tpk in mahwah, heading towards ramsey on the right hand side?

On rt 17 in the double tree hotel is supposidly a great resturant with the best steaks.

then there is mt fuji,just across the ny border.

·
Banned
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Let us know what your final choices are!
I'm going to include them all, that is if I can find menues and directions on-line.

Cant find anything on Atlantic Manor, and it sounds great [sad]

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Bella Serra on Hamburg Turnpike in Bloomingdale.(5 minutes from West MIlford) Excellent Italian food, one of the best around. It is BYOB

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Prime 15 in Ringwood. Can't beat their steaks, great atmosphere, I287 exit 55, (ringwood ave) take that north approx 4 miles, as soon as you enter Ringwood, it is on the left side. Never had a bad meal there yet. Right between Riverdal and West Milford on Ringwood ave(rt #511)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts