New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its been a while ,I havent bought a permit for Extended Bow season in a long time I have a few questions :
so I need to buy a extended season Bow permit for a zone and then a buck permit for whatever zone that is .
Are we only aloud 1 buck permit or can we buy additional ?
Seems we can buy more zone permits ( for antlerless) but only one buck permit for the intire extended bow season no matter how many zone permits we buy ?
Thanks for the help ! BR ( Dana )

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
You can purchase as many zone permits as you like but only one buck permit per season.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would Extended bow be called because i dont see anything that says fallbow extended buck ?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can purchase as many zone permits as you like but only one buck permit per season.
So I have a res bow lic. with a buck tag that Im elligable to use ( took a doe already) . Now I cant get a another buck tag for permit bow ? Im not seeing buck permits for that !?
Also I have a MC Parks permit to hunt deer . They say I need to get a doe first in the park to get a buck tag. Now is that completely seperate from the regular hunting tags and permits? or Do I shoot a doe in the park and then I get a MC Park buck tag ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
You can use your regular bow license with the buck tag it came with until the regular season ends late October. Then you have to buy a extended buck tag and zone permit.
One buck during early or regular season and one buck during permit or extended season.

·
Registered
9,604 Posts
Don't know anything about "Park" regs. The State has two bow seasons. Fall and Permit bow. Depending on zone, you may have to harvest a doe in the early part of the season (EAB) before you harvest a Buck. Zones have different start dates and dates you can harvest a buck without first getting a Doe. You get one buck tag with your bow Fall license. You can purchase only one buck tag in the permit season regardless of how many zone permits you buy. Bottom line is once you buy the permit bow tag, the system will not let you buy more.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys,
I see the buck tag shows up after buying the permit , all set with that and the Park Administrator said theirs are separate tags just for the parks . Thanks

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found the answers ..... I wasnt seeing the buck tag for permit bow on the online site , it comes up after you pick your zone ! And the question about the Monmouth County Parks deer program I spoke to a Parks Rep. and he cleared it up that the parks are different tags than state tags !!!! Thanks

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
There are actually three Archery seasons. Winter Bow (comes with purchase of reg bow lic.), Fall Bow ( also comes as part of reg bow lic.) and then Permit Bow which comes after Fall Bow but is a separate purchase and zone specific.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts