New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not trying to spam this site, just making offer available to the members. Here are the planned trips for 2006. I will supply all gear needed. Anything that you feel you need not on list you can bring provided you are responsible for it. On these trips you will have to sign a model release and liability form. After all I don't want you to sue me if you slip on a mossy rock or fall out of deer stand. I can provide you with insurance info for gear and trip.

SPRING 2006:
6 day Turkey/Trout New York (Catskills Region)
6 day Turkey/Trout Pennslyvania (Sproul State Forest area)
6 day Turkey/Smallmouth Virginia (Franklin County)
FALL 2006:
6 day Fish/Bear Maine (Millinocket Area)
6 day Fish/Bear New York (Western Adirondacks)
6 day Deer Maine (Moosehead Lake Region)
6 day Deer/Bear Pennsvlvania (Western Pocono Region)
Winter 2006:
6 day Predator/Hare Maine (Skowhegan Area)
6 day Ice Fish/Predator New York (Finger Lakes Region)
6 day Ice Fish/Predator Pennslvania (Allegheny Region)

These trips all will be tent style camping. Yes, I have heaters and woodstoves for cold weather. All meals will be provided. I'm not a guide and will not provide this service. I'm an freelance outdoor writer and photographer. I'm putting these trips together for contracted work with manufactures, magazines and a publisher. I'm making them available to you because, my writing style is base on the average outdoorsmen and women. Public land, average person. I will be photographing, video taping and writing during these trips. I will not provide transportion, but can accomidate two others. If you need further information please feel free to contact me. [email protected] You can get a list of projects and special planned events off my website starting January 1, 2006 www.wildoutdoorsmen.com

Ryan

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is a great opportunity for the novice or someone who wants to go with a group of knowledgable people.

Ryan

Also, any body applying for there Moose permit in Maine. They will be out in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The book was complete. I was out of commision from June 5th till Oct 15th. So as timing has it I missed the pre-season book release. I'm working really hard on another book and booklets. Plus, I have teamed up with some really good sponsors. The book will be available in August. It will solve a lot of the questions asked here and on other sites and at trade shows. Thanks for asking Woj, I'd like to get up with you sometime this spring and spend a day through them Black Panther Martins at those trout. I'll wear my hard hat just in case... I heard about you boys from up north.

Ryan

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i'll fish with you no problem. the hook in the head wasn't me. that was imb21. he hooked hkdonfshn. so i'm safe...lol

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Son I don't know much about you other than what I have read on this site but you are to be commended and I hope some of these guys realize what you offer and take you up on it. I have mostly been solo on my trips mainly because I never wanted to be held back when I was younger. I was always willing to pay extra for 1 on 1. Some time I'd like to meet you and talk to you about this book and how you got it started because I have always had a desire to write one my self about my life and conversion.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe one day we will, Cat. If you want me to set-up a pheasant, quail or chukar hunt at my buddy game preserve, let me know. Bring your setter down. We can hunt her in the am and then my chocolate labs after brunch. My e-mail is in the posts.

Ryan

PS With all the posts on here lately, I'm a safe 35 year old hunter. I'd probable take bird in flight pictures instead of shooting. I clean this farm up on Sundays so shootings no big deal to me. Ryan

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
I would really like some one to take pictures of the dog while shes working.Id take my woman to do it but if the dog got hurt like she got cut this morning on the ear. She might try to steal my dog off me. Thanks man and I see that your a fisherman your self as well. I look forward to it.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I'll have like three or four gun dog photo shoots for the late winter. Two of which will be in South Jersey, one in Central and if time permits, one up north. I'll let everybody know when and where. I will be having one in January down here, I post when the game preserve gives me there schedule. Most likely the third weekend.

Ryan

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I would like to bring my pup. You want some puppy pictures?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mike,
I take the photos for you as I have close to 70,000 images in storage. If I take a photo that I think would fit my portfolio I would ask you to sign a model release. As I do sell photos to magazines, companies and the outdoor industry. The only pet photos I do are gun dogs as that is my interest and niche.

Ryan

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Sounds neat. I have to get some more pics of my pup up on here. I got some nice ones of her in the snow.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A little mud on the paws is good for photos. I shoot photos while they hunt, not posing shots. I like the candid shots they make for a better photo. Burrs and mud are good make-up.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
wild work, I'm a novice and would love to take you up on any of the turkey hunts, I just booked a weekend hunt in may for new york state.

Man 6 days of turkey hunting in virginia would be awesome. Whats the exact time of year for the virginia turkey / fishing trip?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Other then the dog photos, who is up for any of these trips, I will have all details that can be e-mailed and snail mailed by January 1, 2006.

These trips are not get togethers. This is work for us. I'm just making an open invitation so you the members on this site can save alot of time and money if you are interested.

Your welcome to stay in our camp and use our gear, I will give you a detailed information package on what is available in the area prior to the trip. Your costs will be split amongst the other participants, not us. We sent a budget for the trips for our participants. Food, fuel, gear usage, repair, etc. It averages out to be around $35 to $45 per day, per person. These days fuel is the most expensive part. Last March's Hare hunt in Maine cost us $285 just in fuel. That alone for a 6 day trip cost us $47.50 per day.

We write and photograph about five articles min. per trip just to make ends meet. We don't make any money off these trips from you. What we do use and need is the average outdoorsmens views on the trips subject. This gives us our spin. Until now, most outdoor writers only write on personal experience. Most articles are written by outdoor celebrities. Our style is the everyday "Average Joe" outdoorsmen. Ask yourself, how many TV shows, Radio programs or magazine feature articles are written about you, where you can hunt or fish, and/or afford.

This is our spin and we are just beginning. So start looking in magazines, books and videos for our work. Hope to hear from you and we would be glad to share our camp with you. These trips are great for the father-son team. Yes, women are invited too, but they must participate in the subjects recreation.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Drome,
We will be putting together date as the seasons are made public from these states. However, turkey season in Virginia runs from April through May. Non-Resident liscense is $80, plus big game permit(Bear, Deer, Turkey) cost is $60. Did you know Virginia has an elk population that is huntable while deer hunting.

Ryan

1 - 20 of 27 Posts