New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got drawn for a Zone 20 tag and want to find a place to pitch a tent before hunting since I will have to travel from North Jersey. Does anyone know of a place down there that allows tent camping? Or would someone on the thread have a piece of land they'd allow me to sleep on? I'm hoping for something free but will pay if I need to.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Try Parvin state park? https://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/parvin.html

They even have hunting but it looks like it's zone 21 not 20. But probably closest least expensive option to zone 20 unless you stay at a truck stop.

Campsites: 56 tent and trailer sites with fire rings, picnic tables, lantern hooks and a playground available. Six people and two vehicles per site. Flush toilets, showers, and laundry facilities are within walking distance. Facilities available for people with disabilities. Trailer sanitary station. Located on the south shore of Parvin Lake. Open April 1 to October 31. Fee: NJ Residents: $20 per night; Non Residents: $25 per night.

Pet Friendly Campsites

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, deadeye. I saw that place in my own research and I think you're right it may be my best option. Definitely would work. Still, I have a hard time paying for a campsite. I grew up near the Great Smoky Mountain National Park and just have it stuck in my head I aught to be able to find somewhere to camp for free, haha.

Try Parvin state park? https://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/parvin.html

They even have hunting but it looks like it's zone 21 not 20. But probably closest least expensive option to zone 20 unless you stay at a truck stop.

Campsites: 56 tent and trailer sites with fire rings, picnic tables, lantern hooks and a playground available. Six people and two vehicles per site. Flush toilets, showers, and laundry facilities are within walking distance. Facilities available for people with disabilities. Trailer sanitary station. Located on the south shore of Parvin Lake. Open April 1 to October 31. Fee: NJ Residents: $20 per night; Non Residents: $25 per night.

Pet Friendly Campsites

·
Registered
139 Posts

Pet Friendly Campsites
+1

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
TNHunter - you did notice NJ charges money for just about EVERY WEEK in turkey season right? [hihi] Some states get the whole month with one permit.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Pravin is a hike from zone 20
Id don’t know about free but the upland farm I hunt has a cabin for rent for $100 a night and it’s in woodstown your minutes from from state land in zone 20

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
$ 20.00 a night is to much, ?? wow you better stay home, even the Smoky Mountain Park charges more then that. and Parvins has rangers ride around all the time keeping things safe.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not at all opposed to paying $20/night. Just figured I would see if there's a free resource or a friendly landowner out there. I actually found a person willing to let me camp in his yard on Facebook, and he lives right in the thick of Zone 20.

$ 20.00 a night is to much, ?? wow you better stay home, even the Smoky Mountain Park charges more then that. and Parvins has rangers ride around all the time keeping things safe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's one thing to have the perfect place to pitch a tent but having the right equipment is just as necessary... any advise or thoughts about the Abco Tech Portable Cabana tent? I read a review on the article called Best Pop Up Tents. Your input will definitely help! cheers fellas:)

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
those popem ups tents look like a joke. i wouldnt trust them unless your selling lemonade in the front of your house and nee to get out of a light shower or the maple helicopters are bopin you in the head too much. id look at a good inverstment. MSR hubba bubba,Big Agnes cOPPER SPUR, cABELAS TENT. if your just playin around then dont ovethink it. go to Wallymart and lay down a kewl $20 and get whats on the shelf...

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's one thing to have the perfect place to pitch a tent but having the right equipment is just as necessary... any advice or thoughts about the Coleman Pop Up Tent? I read a review on the article called Best Pop Up Tents. Your input will definitely help! cheers Pals !!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Internet is full of different cool places where you can go hiking. You just have to make a search on the internet if you are interested. Also, don't forget to take wi you some tools that might help you survive, because you should already know that hiking is not as easy as people think, and if it is your first time, be ready. Visit thesimplesurvival.com if you want to find some tools that might be useful when you go hiking.

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Lakewood they have free tent cities

1 - 18 of 18 Posts