New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I start my season next week for turkeys. The question is that I am in the military and I am stationed here. My turkey gun has a pistol grip stock on it. Overall the rest of the 835 Ulti-Mag is stock except for the trigger worked on a bit and it has a jelly head choke on it. Is that thing legal to hunt with here or should I keep it in the gun cabinet here on base?
Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
You can have a standard pistol grip on pump action shotguns. If your shotgun is semi auto it is illegal...military or not..The new remingon guns have basically a pistol grip stock but it is technically a thumbhole stock which IS legal. Good luck

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to hear....... I have a Winchester Super X3 but that is my waterfowl gun. Wouldn't dream of putting a grip on that. I left all of my "iffey" guns at my dads back home. I did bring my .50 BMG though. I only have like 90ish here and you should see the cops' eyes when I brought the list in to register what I have on base. Nothing though since I am getting a fully functional 12 pound moutain howitzer soon. Real soon. I am sticking with my 835 since I've killed turkeys in Colorado, Nebraska, Ohio, Wisconsin and soon to be Jersey with it. Didn't know if it was so I used my Ithaca 10 gauge for killing one this past fall. Thanks for the info!
Jeff

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, I am at Picatinny Arsenal. The hunting on here is nice but the jackass that runs the wildlife management here set me up and pulled my license for hunting here. So I am scrambling to a turkey spot for Monday. The state DNR isn't allowed n base to do enforcement. This guy was able to interpret the law to his advantage and was able to pull the wool over people's eyes here. The enlisted are treated like crap by the civilians on this base. Oh well....... You get back what you did ten fold. I wish I was at Dix. Where are you located?
Jeff

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I did. Thanks, was going to get back with you but I went on a bunch of trips. The guy here interpretted the law as he saw it and did what he did. Picatinny is a joke. This place has NO respect for enlisted and is not backed up by the officers. Cannot wait to leave! Other than that I like it here.

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Nope, I am at Picatinny Arsenal. The hunting on here is nice but the jackass that runs the wildlife management here set me up and pulled my license for hunting here. So I am scrambling to a turkey spot for Monday. The state DNR isn't allowed n base to do enforcement. This guy was able to interpret the law to his advantage and was able to pull the wool over people's eyes here. The enlisted are treated like crap by the civilians on this base. Oh well....... You get back what you did ten fold. I wish I was at Dix. Where are you located?
Jeff
Cool my cousin Chrissy works there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts