New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new mexico elk bow hunt is right around the corner and the wife is getting really nasty...anyone else get the "treatment"? this trip is all out of sidework..not household money ...am i alone????????????????????????????????????????????????/

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Dude I feel your pain.... I go out a buy something (out of side work)and She knew about it... Then it comes out later... Remember when you got that thing[mad][mad][mad]wow just thing about it is making me want to cry now:(

·
11,226 Posts
My wife is always trying to get me to do more hunting and fishing. She was going to suprise me with a deer hunt in Canada but after talking to a few places she realized there is a lot to choose from and didn't want to mess it up. She finds ways for me to buy the things I want and need for fishing and hunting! She's totally into it! She wants more mounts for our family room and is always telling me to bring home a trophy for the taxidermist...lol! She is awesome!!! She doesn't want to hunt but loves that I do and is really into getting our children into it. She likes to fish with the kids too!! She is very cool when it comes to this stuff!![cool][up]

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
35> was your wife like that in the beginning? Mine was... She even told my Mom, She wasn't going to let anyone stop me from going on my First Bear Hunt. That was back when I worked for My wifes Father (before Her fathers death & Us getting married)& She even helped so we could goto Maine so I could hunt and She could have a vacation. She was even in a tree with me on the first day. IT WAS GREAT, that was the only time She went with me. To let me hunt and give me the best chance of getting a bear. I'll rag about my wife But I love Her so Much. At times She has the Right to be bitchy, She has been thru alot in the last 8 years. Father Died before we got married then 4 Aunt's & Uncle's (total) Then Her 19 year old Niece, 98 year old Grandmother, 1 more Uncle, and also in that time . We found out She had Cancer. 6 Months after I had Heart Surgery.

Sorry just rambeling on.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
The more I hear about this marriage stuff, the less I like it.

I'll get married when I cant draw back a bow anymore........:p

·
11,226 Posts
Matty, don't let these guy's scare ya... My wife is awesome when it comes to this stuff. I let her know right from the beginning how important this stuff was to me. I take time out so she can do her things and she does the same for me. One hand washes the other....[up]

·
Registered
942 Posts
I'm not sure what too say but I have been trapped for ten years now and she now's once hunting starts I'm gone..She's pretty cool about it as long as I take her and the kids on a family vacation ..Don't get me wrong she still like's to push my button's with family party's and stuff like that but that what you got to do if you want to eat and have a clean house and some loving too..:D

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
I'n the beginning my wife tried to stop all of my hunting and fishing trips. Mostly hunting though. she likes to go fishing. i told her i'd never stop hunting. but now she tells me to go out. she knows how much it means to me. Don't get me wrong, she stills pulls out those parties and stuff on saturdays that i can only hunt. i'm a weekend outdoorsman mostly being i work during the weekday only. the one thing is she has no idea how long a day can be. she thinks hunting is like an hour and your done. i'll go out in the afternoon and she'll be calling me to see if i'm leaving yet and i just got setup in my tree like 1/2 hour ago...lol

we all deal with it.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Matty if you're going to get married lay down the rules before you get married. I didnt start hunting until after I got married so I had it a little harder... But I just put it to her this way the other day, I gave my word to god I would be there for her and our family, Ill never cheat on her, or hurt her, Im not a drunk and I dont spend days or weeks in bars, but If I want to hunt or fish, let it be.

Finally the other day she told me she agrees with me.
So the talk must have worked.
:)

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
My wife is okay with it she even went for her hunting test so if I did not have anyone to go with she would go with me. But she does have her days that she is like do you have to go today? She has not gotten it yet that some days you just have to go. Like if I am on a good buck and he is not coming in close enough I will hunt it everyday till I get the shot and sometimes that consists of a whole week of hunting every day. That gets to her a little bit.[up]

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
I was scheduled to go to Hawaii for a work related conference when my first son was born so I wasn't going to go. He was born 2 weeks early so my wife INSISTED that I go, that she would be fine with our 10 day old son. She said she had plenty of help.

I went.

There has not been a week since that I haven't been reminded that "You went off to Hawaii and left me with a 10 day old newborn all alone."

I travel extensively for my job and I've found that my wife handles it better if I am going to a non desireable place. Say, Houston in mid-summer.

Here's a trick, when you call home let her know that the weather is miserable, your feet hurt and are seeing nothing. Mention a few times that you wish you were home. It will soften things when you finally get home.

Again, all women are evil. (Poor JerseyJim will find out someday. Enjoy it while you can)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
clarification....hunt of a lifetime = no aruba this year = pissed off wife.....i gotta go sight the new bowsight in ...oh here she comes...see yaaaa

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ohhh,,and jersey jim,enjoy the golden fountain of youth as long as you can $ keep tossin the coin in $.. we all learn the hard way

·
11,226 Posts
My wife was an anti when I met her.... She now hates anti's and what they stand for.... As far as enjoying it why I can...I will....And it will only get better! My ex-wife tried to slow me down and now she is gone.....Life is too short for petty B.S.
My wife and I communicate real well. That is the key! If she wants to go somewhere or do something I am 100% behind her even if it totally kills me to have to do it because I know come hunting season she is going to do the same for me.... It's worked for 8 years so far and I don't see why it will change... She is more into the hunting now then ever before! You just have to return the favor when she wants to do something...It works !!!

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Guy's there are "some" good women out there that understand our love for the outdoor's... But you got to make sure you found one before putting that ring on her finger...Kinda like fluke fishing, sometimes you got to go thru alot of short's before you get a keeper... So make sure of what you got before you say I do, other wise she put's a ring thru your nose's.... Get my drift???????
I hear ya there. My wife fishes and goes pheasant hunting. Shoots the bow for fun and loves the clays. She can't wait for me to get out and go hunting, and by the same token, can't wait for my return. Wish I could get her to godeer hunting. But she says if she can't drag it , she's not going to shoot it. Wish she would start lifting weights.:D

·
11,226 Posts
Wish I could get her to godeer hunting. But she says if she can't drag it , she's not going to shoot it. Wish she would start lifting weights.
Get her one of those deer carts with the handle and two big wheels... She can pull that![up]

1 - 20 of 39 Posts