New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody try the American Pioneer Powder sticks yet? They are the ones endorsed by Jim Schockley.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Yeah I did. Definitely cleaner burning but the downside is that the sticks are slightly larger than the bore so when you push them down they flake off some and leave powder deposits on the inside of the barrel which you can feel as you push the sabot down. I would use the powder instead.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I tried them out[down] I have an almost full bottle of them if anybody wants them. Half of my shots failed to fully burn before they left the barrell. Burning powder and smoke was trailing down range. Actually it looked kinda cool but not something I'd want while hunting. I keep trying different powders but always end up back with pyrodex pellets....a sure thing. For me anyway.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I tried them out Half of my shots failed to fully burn before they left the barrell
same problem here,the powder is definitively the way to go if you are going to use the pioneer brand, or try hogdons triple seven pellets its a bit cleaner than pyrodex.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I also tried the 777 and they produced too many hangfires. I think I'm just gonna stick with pyrodex. Clean-up ain't THAT bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts