New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year spotted some nice buck's with some real nice rack's in this zone ,anyone huntin there[up]

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Yep, I've spent some time in Zone 23. Check out my photo gallery. Some of those bucks came from that zone.They are there. But they don't get that big by being stupid !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, no what you mean nightstalker911[up]
Been huntin in ZONE 23 for more than 25 year's. seen alot of nice buck's taken out of them there wood's:)

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Yep, most of the deer taken in Zone 23 are what we call Jersey Dog Deer. If it breaks 100lbs., it's a real trophy.
I shot a beautifl racked 10 pointer one time that only weighed 82lbs.
Can't expect much on a diet of pine needles and blueberry leaves:(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dad about 4 year's ago got a nice doe, she dressed out at 120lb. A buddy of mine shot a big
11 pt. buck that weighted 143 lb.. But like you said
most deer go under 100lb's., Well that's the Jersey Pines----( acorn's--- -blueberry's-----pine needle's )[up]

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Hey ybuck, what area of Zone 23 are you huntin'? State or private land ? Most of my big deer that I have taken in Zone 23 have been on private land. My deer club is located in Chatsworth.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey , I'll bet I go p [no swearing please] your club everyday to where I hunt!! Is the club located on # 563 ???
I hunt most state ground ,close to private[up]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Nightstalker911,sound's like we live close to one another, Any of these sound like you know -Eagle
Point RD , Speed Well , The Old Packin House, All in #23 Give me a E-Mail[up]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ive been out my self for the last two months, there is a ton of sign but i am yet to see any bucks, a ton of does, 10 to 15 a day??? Whats up with the bucks???

·
Registered
17 Posts
In zone 23 or on the 19 side? Are you hunting the six day? or ML... I'm not being nosy but find the ability to communicate very cool...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is anyone out next weekend baiting? I dont have a dump truck to drive bait out to my stand but thought if someone was going to be out that way maby we could split a tri axil load of sweet potatoes... Is 20 tons enough?:D:D:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
i`m on the zone 23 side but i`m getting pushed out,first by mr. wharton ,himself lol or so he thinks he is, and by all the clubs that drive.i feel like a nomad i`m trying to look for a new place to call home.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts