New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who on this site is in the picture holding the behemoth size Pike in the photo gallery? Is that in NJ waters, state record or what? Awesome fish!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Page 2 of my gallery there are 3 pictures of a 45" pike I caught in the Passaic from a kayak. I had a very good year for them in the kayak, I have caught about 50 or so, from last march until now.The day I caught the 45" I also caught a 42", and a 36".

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
msgdan,
Incredible photos in your gallery. Credit for taking a picture, holding a fishing rod,camera and balancing a kayak! I kayak fished in Maine this summer. Belgrade Lakes. Caught a 24" Pike and had a blast. Where on the Passaic is the water clean enough to have fish like that. Went canoeing on the Passaic years ago and saw nothing but refrigerators and shopping carts in the water.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I caught most of them near Twin Bridges in Wayne, but have caught them as far up river in Fairfield. Even caught a few below the falls in Elmwood Park. The river is fairly clean now, and have even caught a good amount of large mouth , small mouth b [no swearing please] and perch. Did great in the ocean this year too, with many fluke, blues, and a few stripers. I went for stripers this past Sunday at Sandy Hook, but didn't get anything.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
nice size fish. i haven't freshwater fished in a very long time. but still get out salt water once in a while

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you talking about kayak fishing for stipers? Sandy Hook Bayside or ocean? I caught a striper on the beach in Nov. with a clam. Great day, fish was only 26" but great time.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Yes, kayak fishing for stripers!!! Ocean side of Sandy Hook. I even made a trip to Montauk this year with the kayak, but just caught blue fish on that trip. Also took it to Myrtle Beach this year and caught several Spanish Mackerel, and a few sharks, with the biggest being just over 5 feet long, that towed me in the ocean until he was tired enough for me to reel the kayak to him. All released unharmed..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.