New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw 2 doe this morning in Whippany and one was almost all white! I took 2 pics with my cell phone but they didn't come out too good. The deer were too far away! I'll try and post them if I can figure out how....[confused]

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasn't expecting to see a piebald doe today or I would have brought a real camera! :( Sorry for the quality but you can see how it's almost all white. It only had 2 brown patches on it's neck the rest was solid white. [up]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Who are you trying to fool? Thats someones white lawn furniture!:p :D :D :D

Ive only seen a few in my life. Two were piebald, and one was albino.

Very cool indeed!!! Thanks for sharing!:)

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
when i used to hunt califon i used to see them all the time. Then one day i was driving to my hunting property and i saw an almost all white 8 pointer around the corner from where i hunted. it's not to hard to tell where all those piebalds came from.

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In that same pic you can't tell but there is a second doe between the piebald and the tree in front of it! LOL! Camera phone has been dropped and sat on a few too many times I think! LOL! :(

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
First deer I shot was a piebald button buck in Flatbrook on doe day. There was 5 minutes left and my dad asked if I wanted to see a white deer. I looked at my watch, saw I had time left and went into the woods looking for it. It can right at me, so I took it.

B

·
0 Posts
did you get it mounted? thats a nice trophy, especially for your first deer!!!!!

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Back in Pa on this one property, there are about 3 or 4 piebalds, and some are almost all albino. its too bad you can't hunt this property, but people try and always get caught

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I had the hide tanned. I was 17 and if I had the money and space I would have gotten a full mount. I got a picture. When I get my scanner working I will send it.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
One piece of property I hunt In Mendham(Morris Co)has a heard of Piebalds. I saw 5 together 2 years ago.Haven't had a chance to get 1 yet. Maybe next season?? So far they have all been Does.No Bucks

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
maybe 7 years ago while shining we seen a heard of white..not piebald does. seen them every weekend in the same field. my father took one (a buttonbuck) with the bow and a few weeks later my brother hit one which ran to another guy posting on the drive who put it down with the gun. BAD LUCK FOR MY DAD thats for sure. everything from fines to car accidents for 7 years. tons of problems, he says he wont shoot another one ever again. i missed one once when i was 11. and 2 years ago scouting before the season i filmed a 4ptr piebald. never seen him once the season opened tho.

there are 2 piebald does (small) at paterson moutain i seen a few times when shed hunting last week.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Piebalds are ok, but albinos are a no no. They told me that I would have back luck too, but I have had great years since. This was the first year in 3 years that I hunted a lot without getting a dear, but got enough pheasants for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts