New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
REMINDER!!!!
The New Jersey Hunter Picnic is THIS SUNDAY!!!! @ Pequest!
Please read my post below as well. I have a few questions. Thanks---Matt

DATE AND TIME:

Guys and gals, the picnic is a go for SUNDAY AUGUST 21st. 10am-4pm.

We have use of two picnic areas. The primary one is just on the other side of the front parking lot, and within a short distance of the archery range. The second one is to the side of the trout raceways. Both are well shaded.

ACTIVITIES:

Children may be interested in, and are free to use the observation deck looking over the trout hatchery. The building will be open from approximately 9am-4pm. Self-guided tours are available during the hours of 10-4.

There will also be a 3D archery shoot (FREE) so bring your bow! (10am-3pm) No registration!

A fly-fishing cl [no swearing please] will also be in session the same day. You must sign up for the fly-fishing cl [no swearing please] in advance. (more info can be found on the divisions website)*BEGINNING FLY CASTING - Sunday, August 21 at 12 noon - Wildlife Conservation Corps members from Central Jersey Chapter of Trout Unlimited will conduct this seminar for inexperienced fly fishers. An excellent opportunity to improve your casting skill. For ages 12 and up. Registration required.

THINGS TO BRING:

Grills are NOT provided, but we may bring our own. Fire pits/charcoal fires are also permitted (but there are no pits provided, and ash must be "dead" before burying it in the woods.

Food will NOT be provided, so bring what you want to eat and drink. IF you are bringing something out of the ordinary, please try to bring enough for others to try some. Also, I am going to try and bring some extra hamburgers and hot-dogs. This way if non-members show up, they can have a complimentary hamburger or hotdog. If someone else would like to help out with that, they could contact me and offer to bring something such as buns, cheese, or soda, etc. The more people we can get to come and have a good time, the better.

We can possibly increase the membership of Newjerseyhunter.com and also increase the popularity of the 3D course. Both Mrs. Dunne and I agreed that this is a win-win situation for both groups. Please come out and show your support for both NewJerseyHunter.com and for the Division of Fish & Wildlife.

DIRECTIONS: Directions to Pequest CLICK HERE!

If anyone has questions, concerns, or can help out with grills etc. please contact me at;

[email protected]

Looking forward to meeting a lot of you....Have a good one---Matt

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I posted a while back about people bringing grills, two or three people said they were bringing grills, but I cant find the post with names.

If you can bring a grill PLEASE confirm it with me via email or this thread. We will need to share these grills with everyone, but I assume that wont be a problem.

I also need at least one person to meet me at Pequest around 8am-9am, to help set up the 3D archery course.

Furthermore, I will need someone to help me take the course down and put it away around 3:30pm. PLEASE let me know if you can be there to help! I would certainly appreciate it!

See you all there----Have a good one---Matt[up]

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I am bringing a grill.Charcoal gtill so if somebody wants to pickup some extra matchlight coals that would be great. [up]

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i'll be stopping by but i can't stay long. as you know the wife is due at any time. i'll probably bring the kids too.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Hkdon, I will try to grab some extra charcoal for the grill.

I guess if worse comes to worse, we will just have your grill. At least that guarantees cooked food, and we wont be gathering wood, rubbing sticks, and dancing around in loin cloths. :D

Just so you guys know, the 3D shots are pretty easy, mostly under 20 yards. I really hope a lot of you bring the bow, nobodys out to judge! Its a great little course, probably take about an hour to shoot the whole thing with a small group of shooters (3-4).

Woj, it will just be good to have you there. So what time do you think you will be stopping by? Noonish, will probably be when we try to gather and eat! That may be a good time to pick.;):D

Umm, I guess thats it for now. Thanks again HKDon....

Now we just wait for Sunday! Should be fun!:)---Matt

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
I've got some hickory charcoal just looking for a grill to jump into. And some venison sausage looking for a place to be grilled. Sounds like a winning combination to me.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds great Nightstalker!

You owe me a new keyboard though, the last one shorted out when I drooled on it reading the food you will be bringing!;):D

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Luknikk and I will bring our gas grill if it fits in the back of our van. We will also swing by BJ's and get a case of burgers, hotdogs, some buns and sodas. The Mr. wants to know if beer is allowed?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lets you?

Come on MG, you're more man that that! You cant let women tell you what to do...You gotta stand up for...

...Hold on, my GF is calling me, if I dont answer, she will KILL ME!

LOL
:D

Just kidding, hope to see you there MG![up]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh sure, go and ruin my joke![down]

I dont have time for a GF. At least that excuse sounds pretty good to me. Thats my story and Im sticking to it!;)

Besides, all the girls Ive dated turn out to be insane... Except one, and I screwed that one up...thats a whole other story though....I steer clear of them for now...

I especially dont need them around during hunting season....they cant deal with me caring about hunting so much more than them...

You never call me, you're always out hunting...dont you care about us? BLAH BLAH BLAH! :(

1 - 20 of 50 Posts