New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to run out to cabelas thursday night to replace a broken fishing reel.Well a gun that I had seen a few months ago was still sitting there calling my name.I was pissed that I didnt pick it up the last time.
My wife says it was fate and that I should buy it....something tells me Im gonna pay for this one later.
Anyhow I picked up an old Ithaca model 51 20 ga. 3 in. magnum
It came with a slug barrel as well as a 28 in bird barrel and a weaver scope mount.It in great shape and the price was reasonable..$ 400 I couldnt resist.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Great gun. I picked up a new in original box Model 51 about a year ago. It was built in 1974...the year I was born. Great find. Its a great gun. Have the spring in the magwell checked for function, they tend to go, and the gun james when feeding.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My dad always had Ithaca guns and something about them has stuck with me. I really like the way they feel .
I have a couple 12 ga.pumps and wanted this to add to the collection. If anyone knows of a 16 ga. or a side by side Im always looking to get more.

·
Registered
808 Posts
The new Ithaca's are nice, but rather pricey. When I had my 51 serviced last year, they told me they are going to be rereleasing the Model 51 soon. The have the pumps and O/U's out right now. I think Ramsey is a dealer for them locally.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah those new deer slayer 3's are like a thousand bucks,but man they are nice

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[up][up]nicee man

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.