New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Picked up this stand at walmart for $89...I needed a stand that me and my son could fit in. I'm going to take him out for some doe days in Jan.
Put it together last night in about 20 minutes. I had to drill out one hole that was off center. HEAVY,,but nice.[up]

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm looking for a stand as well for my son and I. We're both pretty big. Between the two of us we're close to 400#'s. What's it rated for? Because the price is right... I have heard ladder stands are difficult to set up? What's your thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rated for 500lbs...

The stand is heavy 70 lbs...I'm going set it up next saturday so I'll have a couple guys to give me a hand with it..Once its up, I'm locking it and leaving it.:D

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
They are not hard to set up. I have a 16 foot one with a bigger base then the one pictured. It doesn't take long to put up. You probably only need two people to do it. Myself, our oldest, 13 and second son, 11 knocked it out in a half hour. Carrying it into the woods in one trip is the most challenging part. About a half mile walk on our property. Make a checklist with everything you need, especially tools and some rope. Leaving that stuff in the truck or worse, back at home is a pain.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
i have one of those walmart buddy stands, heavy as all hell, I had to use a quad to get it to my spot. It will be nice when my son gets older though. I bought the extra 4' extension, seems very unsturdy when you add the extra 4' but thats just me.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
drome, yes, I know what you mean. I added on an extra 4 foot section and it was very unstable. When I had the stand up there at 20+ feet, I started to climb up and said no way in hell I trust this thing to hold me and our youngest son, age 8. Even with the extra support braces I didn't like it. I backed it down to 16 feet and that's where I like it.

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
I just got the same stand recently and put it together over the weekend.I will need help putting this thing up as it is extremely heavy and bulky.Seems pretty sturdy though. Got mine at Dick's because I can't find any Walmarts in my area that actually sell deer stands.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Ladder stands are fairly easy to set up. Like everyone said, the hardest part is getting it to the tree from your car. Those things are heavy.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
JJoe the stand you got from Walmart is made by Hunters View, you can get options for it including a 4 foot extension and camo cover and umbrella. Have the same stand for me and my two boys.

http://www.huntersview.com/L400.asp

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Looks like a nice stand. My dad's been looking for a ladder stand.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts