New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking and reviewing guns for awhile and just lately posted if a Benelli M2 would make for a good pheasant gun. Got a lot of comments and things to think about wether I should go 20g or 12g. Wanted the 20g for lower recoil but at the same time dont have a bird dog so 12g could help me out esepcially a complete novice to bird hunting. Not to mention it'll help with occasional trap which I just tried a few weeks back.

I saw Dicks had $100 off as well so it was a great deal. I went with the M2 (American) as opposed to the comfort-tech system which comes with a case. Only thing I may add is a Limbsaver Speedmount recoil pad which should be an improvement over the stock one.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i sold the one I had about a month ago
Yeah Chris this is the only one they had in stock too and I called 2 other stores prior to that. As a matter of fact they didnt even have it on display but in the back room.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Sweet, love my M1

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice, maybe we can shoot some skeet on my front lawn, eh?!
If I miss the deer, you still trust me? I may hit that truck that's been parked up front.[rofl]

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
Great gun, I have the SBII in all black love it....after shooting I just run a boresnake through it.....I use CLP to clean and lightly oil all the parts..at the end of the season I disasemble the trigger mechanism and clean it all out (compressed air works well for all the little pieces of brush from bird hunting)..If you have any cycling problems which you shouldnt I depressed the piston that is insiside the cyclinder located in the stock (which the bolt end presses against, and put a few drops of clp in it and then worked it up and down using a long screwdriver....I can explain how to disassemle the cylinder tube if you ever wanna clean it...I only do mine once a year.

The only thing I added to mine was a different sight...you can see it bright red when its shoulder right...i think mine was a few inchs shorter than this one but its a great addition...it just sticks right onto the end of the barell.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/194188/champion-easy-hit-shotgun-fiber-optic-front-sight-25mm-red-5

1 - 18 of 18 Posts