New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone just told me that they just saw an article in the Inquirer that said a law just passed requiring GUN REGISTRATION in Phila. and possibly Phila. Co.
Anyone here anything about this ?

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I wouldn't even pay any attention to it.....

They can't make you do it.

The Powers that be are so screwed up with all the gun paperwork that it would take them 50 years to figure out who has what and where.

trust me on this one.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't even pay any attention to it.....
I know a lot of people who said that about the assault gun ban here in NJ, and that passed and is being inforced [sad]
Any NEW gun legislation scares me. They can be very contagious and spread to other States. Especially one that will be getting a bleeding heart liberal, anti hunting, gun grabbing governor like Corseine [mad]

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
When I used to live in PA... I remember... NO guns allowed in Philly.... even if you have a permit to carry (which I did).
Hmmm... Where did you hear that?? I carry all the time in PA and Philly and have never heard of this.

·
Registered
505 Posts
bloodtrails where in pa you live ??? maybe we can hook nup and hunt some time, or just go out shooting. when i first moved to pa from nj i wrote down all the serial numbers, make, model of all my guns, went to the police station to regester my guns (silly me) just wanted to be legal. they told me it was a good idea but to go home and put that paper in a safe spot in case any weapons were stolen. but i did hear carry permits were not reconized in philly. when i first got my carry permit, i asked the sheriff where and when i can carry, and he really had no clue as to the rules of carry. i think there is a web site you can go to

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
I don't. I live in NJ. I have carry permits for many other states because I travel frequently. I keep up on carry laws in most other states and have never seen anything about Philly not allowing carry.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I understand what you are concerned about and I agree. But they can not MAKE you register a weapon as they have no clue if you even have it. They had a program in NJ to PAY MONEY to turn in your guns. I had a friend in the Bergen County Law Enforcment that shoiwed me what the weapons turned in looked like....... PURE JUNK.
He said crack addicts and Junkies and low lifes turned in anything they could find. No decent law abiding citizen turned in a fire arm. The Libs will try anything. this is why I say JOIN the NRA Today if you are not a member already.
Look i am a very active supporter of the 2nd Amendment right and I am as concerned as you are about our future. But I do know they can not make you do something like what they have proposed as they have no accurate records of what people have. If they had accuirate records the Liberals would have been pushing for Confiscation Laws a long time ago. Have you ever seen a picture of all the papers stored in a Virginia Warehouse that is supposed to hold all the gun records....It is laughable!

Keep fighting the good fight!

JOIN THE NRA TODAY!

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
They have it in NYC. I know a guy that lives in SI. He has to renew the permit each year for his shotguns with a fee of something like $100 per gun.

I think Chicago has something similar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts