New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to whittingham wma for some pheasants and i was in shock because we didnt even get a bird...the first push of the feilds stunk...we flushed 4 birds all out of shooting range...we walked along various paths and feilds from about 8:30 to 10:30 which produced nothing...then from 10:45 to 11:30 we saw about six birds in the safety zone..my brother tried flushing them (unloaded) towards my father and i but they flew farther into the safety zone...but i did get to use my new dog daisy in her first real hunt and she did good...she was working back and forth with her nose down..i also brought my siberian husky who was my dads companion...but just no birds...i still had a good day..

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah i forgot to mention that my borhter was almost shot in the head today...he was walking to the top of this hill and at the bottom, some guy flushed the bird and shot up the hill. the birds was a foot away from hitting him in the face along with the pellets...

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
gotta love state land and all the maniacs. i remember all the portugese guys at black river used to wear sneakers. they would take off running at 8am across the fields with loaded guns. i'ld wait till everyone goes in and with my dog (when she was alive)would just find bird after bird that they all ran past.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I hope this isn't a preview of what we will have at Flatbrook on Tues.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup it pretty much is...except for the not getting birds part...that usually doesnt happen to me...

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and also, somebody shot a grouse at whittingham wma..not something ya see everyday...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts