New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
I might rabbit I might. that all depends on the crowd. Attila don't do crowds well he gets distracted maybe later in the day.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
yup though I didn't yet this year for birds I do deer hunt there for bow. and fish it for trout all summer.

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm gonna try to get up there for shooting time. If you stop by look for a blue Dodge Dakota Quad cab with a white sticker of a pheasant and another one of a pointer on point on the back window. Thats me, I'll have my Shorthair with me. Maybe my brother too.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
sounds good if you happen to see a guy out there with a young Vizsla and a gold Ford Ranger thats gonna be me. what part of the flattbrook are you gonna be at? I'll probly start by the washed out bridge.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
no not yet. up till last year I did not have a dog. Whittingham was more condusive to hunting without one. now that I have one I just got used to hunting there. so I think I'm gonna mix it up and get up there. How are the crowds there on a stocking day?

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok good, there is a group of guys that hunt there every stock day ever since I have been hunting there. One guy drives a gold Ranger and we don't like him because 4 or 5 years ago we were walking along side of a hedge row and this guy shoots a bird on the ground through the hedge row hitting my father in the chest. He was only about 20 feet away. By some miracle only one pellet hit him, it is still in his vest till this day. When we got around the hedge row the guy was running away. He knew what he had done. But anyway, those guys have been up there all season this year so it isn't you.[up]

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Well it looks like I'll be there at first light tomorrow. And thank god your dad was ok after running into that idiot! I never take ground shots. I'm looking forward to meeting you. I'll see'ys there.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Hey Ringneck, it was good to meet you! Hows your dog? Her ear stop bleeding? After you guys and I pushed that guy out of the snow me and Attila hit the corn fields. On the way back to my truck he went up on point we or rather he found a hen bird in the corn! I did not see it till it flushed and I nailed it!! so we got A limit.. :D one rooster and one hen. all told he found and pointed 3 birds. But a bunch of roosters were running all over the place!!
Hell while I was cleaning the birds I heared one cackling right near my truck!! It was cool.[up][up]

·
Registered
220 Posts
Rinkneck / Goastbear any luck? I'm headed to Berkshire Valley on Saturday. Can't wait to getback into the field haven't gone since opening day. I hate the "groundshooters" no ethics!!

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
Bloodtrails what lot do you park in for pheasant? When by myself I park 1st lot North rd right past Bill's. When I'm with the family I park 1st lot right after the bridge on Pleasanthill. If I saw this post earlier i probably would have went and ut off the other stuff.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Fester I got two birds today and saw many more. My dog pointed 3 ans I got two. Ringneck had one and his buddy had one they called it a day early on a count his dog tore her ear. Hope shes better now.

·
Registered
220 Posts
EXCELLENT, Too bad about the dog , but they heal quick

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Ringneck,
Sorry I couldn't answer until now, had major 'puter problems for 3-4 days.
I was at Flatbrook this AM. Got a hen and a rooster, missed another rooster.[mad] He was actually the 2nd bird of the morning.

Did you guys push a blue p/u out of the snow on the right side of the road today? If so, I was parked in the first field on the right coming down the road. Green Ford Exp.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
TJC yeah we did! sorry we missed'ya! good job on the birds![up]

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.