New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone going for pheasant on Sat. I can't[mad] I'm going to Florida for the weekend. How do you think the snow is going to affect them? I heard there is alot of snow around the Flatbrook area.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I used to hunt pheasants mostly after a fresh snowfall, without a dog it is quite easy to track them in the snow and they typically flush well in range.

Tons of fun actually, cant wait to do it again if I can ever bring myself to buy a Pheasant and quail stamp again.

Also a blast when you run into the tracks of a covy of quail, gotta love the cove burst as a surprise even though you know they are close by.

Damn I miss the exhuberance of hunting in my youth. Guess a lack of responsibilities allowed that.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
they usually group so this is the time where youd get a double flush...they usually wait until your withing feet of them before flushing...

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Snow doesn't bother them. They'll stay under cover while it's snowing. Biggest problem for them is not being able to hide to well after the snow from predators.

I'll be out at the 2 clubs Sat and Sun. Putting out a bunch of birds at both places on both days. [up]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I like to track the birds in the snow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts