New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it guys feel the need to clean or pluck their birds in the parking areas? Can't you bring a damn garbage bag and haul your stuff out?

Passed through a parking area at Assunpink this afternoon walking from one field to another - there had to be 10 pheasant heads & necks just laying on the ground, along with gut piles, cut wings and feather piles from field-plucked birds.

Nothing says "slob hunter" like that... And before you give me the "nature to nature" argument, if you want to feed the foxes and the vultures, take the offal and dump it in the woods - don't leave it just lying on the damn gravel...

Sorry for the rant, but that (along with leaving your br [no swearing please] in the field -- saw plenty of that today, too) just pisses me off.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Pure ignorance is what it spells out.It ranks right up there with the idiots that cut the heads off road killed bucks and leaves the rest of the carc [no swearing please] there for the public to see. I saw a buck dead on the way to hunting today and when I was coming back home I saw that someone had cut the head off and left the neck end facing the road.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
My pheasant hunting pet peeve is guys that shoot birds on the ground.

While legal shooting a bird on the ground is dangerous and unsporting. Some a'hole hit me with a richoet some years ago. I had him by the shirt with my fist in his face. It turned out he was an old guy and I was quite a bit younger then so I didn't hit him.

I have also seen guys shoot birds at the edge of the parking lot while waiting for time to go in. That is a violation for the CO's

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
My pheasant hunting pet peeve is guys that shoot birds on the ground.
I hate it too but they can't make it illegal. Sometimes you must to dispatch a winged bird, although I prefer to let the dog get it for me.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I agree with cleaning the birds in the parking lots. DO they atleast leave a feathered wing on the bird? This practice should be illegal.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Some guy's will do anything to get a damm pheasant. These guys are missing the whole experience of the sport. It's like they need to get there limit so they could get home to do the honey-do chores. For me, when I was into it years ago with a buddy of mine, the best part is walking around and watching the dog work. If I got a bird so be it. The actions of some fella's, I don't get it.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
The actions of some fella's, I don't get it.
They run and have to be the first one there. after 15 min. they limit out. Some go home . others keep hunting more pheasants.(illegal) Iv'e been asked if I want some birds. I'd rather hunt midweek,. Myself If I get a bird within the first half hour then it's time to go scouting the woods for a new stand. Either way I won't leave before 9 and sit in morning work traffic so why rush it?

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Currently Offline Posts: 67
Some guy's will do anything to get a damm pheasant. These guys are missing the whole experience of the sport. It's like they need to get there limit so they could get home to do the honey-do chores. For me, when I was into it years ago with a buddy of mine, the best part is walking around and watching the dog work. If I got a bird so be it. The actions of some fella's, I don't get it.
Amen...I have only been pheasant hunting once since my dog died. That was on a commercial preserve with their dog. With a dog you will get birds anyway. That is a side effect of working with the dog.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Went out hunting a few years ago on my gun club property, A Pheasant flew buy us up into a tree and would not fly off. After trying to shake it off for a few minutes it would not get off of that branch. So me and my hunting partner decide to keep on going and leave the bird in the tree (niether of us would shoot it up in the tree like that). We started to walk away and when we got about 80 yards away, we turn and look and see the bird is still there. At the same time another hunter walks up to the tree and shoots the bird as it was standing up on the branch. PATHETIC!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts