New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just got back from buying all the permits for myself n Sonia...time to go get a loan......unbelievable what is cost me......but the good newest is I got a bear permit for the zone I needed..good luck to all...

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Bob.....after my fuel bill..holy sh$%&$$&...but we caught fish n looking forward to Sonia..cracking a buck this next 2weeks...also blackfishing trips but still permits are nuts

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
No kidding, I'm just thankful we can hunt straight from September through January, but still costing us a small fortune. But, assuming we can feed the two of us for the year... it's still less than buying meat at the grocery store. And much better for us.

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
Bow hunting is a great value and you can load up. Once you add the guns yada yada yada ouch[hihi] Its a great hobby, cheaper than golf and numerous others[up] Just think about all the deer being stocked in a zone near you[hihi][hihi]

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Not for nothing. To be able to striper fish, trout fish, bear hunt, pheasant hunt, turkey hunt and deer hunt all in an area this close to NYC it is a very good deal.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its all cheaper then a ring....thank god for that....im just not used to buying permits for 2...I guess we just need to open up some more blackfish n stripers trips.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hunt club dues $850, Non resident bow $135, permit bow $58, six day firearm non resident $135, Elys deer processing $90 - $140 per deer. While this adds up to some very expensive steaks, I'm not thinking about the money while I'm in my stand drawing back on a deer. And even though my resident Pa tag is cheap, gas, tolls beer and food for a three hour two day trip is $150 - $200 easily, and I don't bowhunt pennsy because if I bag a buck then I can't rifle hunt and I enjoy getting away for that. So yeah its expensive but you can take plenty of deer if you want and what a blast doing it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts