New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got printed at 9am this morning, wasted no time and went to my PD and handed in my papers for my 2 handgun permits....now the tough thing....what do i get?

i love sig sauers...but they are so much $$$

i also love beretta 92's or any 92 model..along with 1911's

not a fan of glocks..just b.c i dont trust their safety system..unless someone else can tell me different...never shot one..just held one

any suggestions...i want a 9mm or a 45...i like both calibers

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Sig, sig, sig... Like you said they are a lot of $$, but I think they are WELL worth it. My on duty (nypd) is the Sig 226, and I have the sig 239 (both 9's) as my off duty carry gun. My brother in law is a nj trooper and he also carries the sig on duty. Hope this helps..

Bryan

p.s heres the link for the sig 239 that I carry off duty, mine is DAO, as per nypd regs. Check out this gun, I love it.

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=9&productid=71

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn that is a nice piece..i have Sigs catalog and i look and drool over every gun in there..i just love how balanced they are.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I don't care for Glocks either but the Sig and 92 are great guns. Just bought a Wilson Combat which I really love. 9's are cheap to shoot but the 45 is alot more fun. Save all your brass in case you decide to reload one day

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
sounds like you have it norrowed down pretty good, either a sig, 1911, beretta, or any other gun:p

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds like you have it norrowed down pretty good, either a sig, 1911, beretta, or any other gun
you got it [eyeroll][drinking]

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have a Glock 30 for off duty and also own a Glock 21SF. Never had a problem with either one.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
What are you going to be using it for?

The glock's have an absolutely brilliant safety system. No need to worry, the gun will not go off unless you pull the trigger.

I have several handguns, and some do things better than others. Some are more accurate, or easier to shoot. Some are less expensive to practice with and others are just more fun.
But what I keep in the nightstand is a glock.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i will be using it to target shoot, home protection, perhaps turning in my Florida Concealed Carry Permit to carry in PA when i visit family and my girlfriend...

i dont think i need something as expensive as a sig..even though i REALLY want one..it is my first handgun so idk what to do...i would buy a sig without a blink of an eye sept im getting a new shotgun come the end of summer/start of fall

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
IMO-I can't think of a better home protection gun than a glock. No fumbling w/ safeties, especially when woken from sleep. Just point and shoot. And I know that I could just as easily keep the safety off on any gun, but why bother getting it with one in the first place?

I can also tell you that it is not my favorite gun to bring to the range.
A light single action trigger and target sights are much, much more enjoyable. But they are also useless in a home defense capacity.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
i will be using it to target shoot, home protection, perhaps turning in my Florida Concealed Carry Permit to carry in PA when i visit family and my girlfriend...
-I can't think of a better home protection gun than a glock. No fumbling w/ safeties, especially when woken from sleep. Just point and shoot. And I know that I could just as easily keep the safety off on any gun, but why bother getting it with one in the first place?

I can also tell you that it is not my favorite gun to bring to the range.
A light single action trigger and target sights are much, much more enjoyable. But they are also useless in a home defense capacity.
flatt9999 nailed it.. not my favorite for one purpose but definately one of my favorites for multipurpose.. Especially defence purposes. Glock.. I used to hate them then I got used to one and then I fell in love with the dam ugly thing..

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
When you cant decide just buy one of each[hihi]

If you were going with a .45 and wanted a sig I think oneshotkill had a nice one used in excellent condition for sale I dont know if he ever got rid of it. Check your PM's

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When you cant decide just buy one of each
[drinking] that would be awesome!

pmed ya back! thanks for the heads up ill make contact with him about that[up]

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have had my Beretta 92 for 10 years and I love it. I finally got my 3 permits this afternoon, and am looking at5 some new toys myself. Definately looking at the Rock Island 45's. Kind of upset Sarco rased their prices $150 recently. Would love to find a Norinco .45 if I could, and the price is right. I like the Sigs also. I may even go with a Luger just to have something historic.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
not a fan of glocks..just b.c i dont trust their safety system..unless someone else can tell me different...never shot one..just held one
YOU are a Glock's safety system. You don't trust yourself?

any suggestions...
Yes, don't listen to anyone here. Shoot as many models as you can and make your own decision. It's all about feel.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I have a Blue Sig 229 in 40 cal, I'll sell you, Matter of fact I have 2 and only need one.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts