New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the second deer I killed this year. I was up in zone 8 with my father doing a afternoon hunt on some private property. This doe and a few others came behind the tree stand and caught us off guard out around 3 pm. We slightly spooked them but 10 minuets later they came back. When the lead doe (The biggest of the group) came into clear range I took the shot. The doe was about 30 yards and I made a clean double lunger. It went 50 yards tops and dropped.

I got a GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition as a gift this holiday season and this was the first hunt I brought it on. Got some decent footage and decided to put my shitty editing skills to the test. Couple hours later this is what I came up with along with a headache [wallmad]. Hahaha, I guess its not to bad. I'm no @TheFieldArcher with a ultra high quality video but it is what it is. ENJOY [up][up][up][cool]

Some photos:

Fawn Plant
Tree Plant Woody plant Leaf Flower
Leaf Tree Plant Deciduous Adaptation
Deer hunting Hunting Deer Roe deer Mountain cur
Vertebrate Deer Roe deer White-tailed deer Terrestrial animal

·
Registered
189 Posts
Jake, I am so proud of you! As I see you grow into a young man and responsible hunter there is much joy that I cant put into words. Agian, I'm proud of you and love you very much. I also want to thank the many members on this site that have reached out and help us enjoy this great tradition. Im looking to the many years and friendships that my son and I will both be able to pay it forward.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Congratulations you are both so very fortunate to be sharing your time in the woods together and very generous in sharing it with the rest of us.

Reactions: JakeTheSnake

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks ^^^

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.