New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
There will also be a hunter ed class and the shotgun range will be open if any first timers want to give shooting a try.

I would normally go but I can't make it this year.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
should be a good weather [up] hope the fish are biting in the fishing lake for the kids

·
Registered
637 Posts
This event cost me over $1000!!!!

Couple years ago we took my then 12 yr old son up there to have look. He already hunted rifle and shotgun ... fishing .. well I stink at it so he was happy to chat away and get pointers from the helpers there.

Well then came the archery. He never did that. I am licensed from when I was a kid but really could never hit much and I gave up years ago not wanting to injure instead of kill. Well a guy from this site was helping out that day and really spent some time with him. He was soon hitting bullseyes with near perfect form. Even gave me pointers on what I was doing wrong all these years.

So on the way home kid has to stop and Strickly, then Owls Nest, then Dicks, then Cabellas .... the plastic payment curse is all over the place.

Now there is a new soon to be licensed young bow hunter in NJ and another revived licensee. Great event! Great esposure! Did I mention free grilled trout?

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
This event cost me over $1000!!!!
Well a guy from this site was helping out that day and really spent some time with him. He was soon hitting bullseyes with near perfect form. Even gave me pointers on what I was doing wrong all these years.

So on the way home kid has to stop and Strickly, then Owls Nest, then Dicks, then Cabellas .... the plastic payment curse is all over the place.

Now there is a new soon to be licensed young bow hunter in NJ and another revived licensee. Great event! Great esposure! Did I mention free grilled trout?
Excellent story[up]...aside from the fact that it broke the bank:D

Bring your kids and have some fun[up]

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Bring your bow and shoot the Free 10 target 3D Archery Range.
good idea :D Never shot the 3D course there, so hopefully I can hit it tomorrow [up]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts