New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Man its amazing how a day can sneak up on you like that. I had planned on going, but now I have other stuff I have to do.

Today was the free 3d course too, right?

Oh well:eek:

·
11,226 Posts
Festival at Pequest from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Information about the
Wildlife Heritage Festival has been posted at
http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/news/2005/festival05.htm. This new
page includes specific schedule information on activities, lectures
and
demonstrations which will be held throughout the day.

The free event, sponsored by the New Jersey Council of Trout Unlimited
and the Warren County Office of Tourism (www.visitwarren.org) will be
held rain or shine.

Highlights include:

Seminars about the United Bowhunters of New Jersey, Field Care of Your
Trophy from a Taxidermist's Viewpoint, and Snakes of New Jersey

Music for kids of all ages by Diana Dove

Retriever and pointing dog demonstrations

A demonstration of trout egg stripping

Fish cooking and cleaning demonstrations (as well as tasting!)

A 3-D archery range

Shotgun range

Fishing - Kids under 16 years old

Sportsman's flea market

Pro Bassmaster Mike Iaconelli

Kids' Arts and crafts and games

Pequest is located on Route 46 about nine miles west of Hackettstown
in
the Skylands of Warren County. To learn more about the festival, visit
the Division's Web site at www.njfishandwildlife.com/festival05.htm.

·
11,226 Posts
Festival to hit a high note
Sunday, September 25, 2005
BY FRED J. AUN
For the Star-Ledger
If they do it properly, those attending today's Wildlife Heritage Festival will finish the day knowing how to shoot a shotgun, catch, clean and cook a fish, identify snakes and train a dog.

They might also be able to sing a few songs.

The free festival being conducted at the Pequest Trout Hatchery in Warren County will have a variety of outdoors-related activities. "Sing About N.J. Wildlife," during which environmental educator Diana Dove performs a few numbers at 3 p.m., is on the list.

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1127629644158570.xml&coll=1

·
11,226 Posts
Got back a little while ago....It was cool!![up] A lot of cool stuff to see....My daughter started to not feel so well so we had to cut the day short but what we did see was great! I passed out the rest of my NJH cards...Man what a great place to spread the word!!!! I should have made a poster up and stuck it in the window of my van!!!! I was parked right on the road across from where they were shooting the shotguns and bows!!! Everyone had to walk by my van to get from one end of the festival to the other!!! If I had only known!!![sad] Next time!!![up]

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I was parked in the same lot. I handed out 5 cards. I put 1 on the Mirror on the mens room. Also left 5 on the information table in the Hatchery office area.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I wish I didn't have to work. I also wish I knew they had pointing dog demos.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I managed to take the family, and my little 3 yr old nephew to pequest, really nice event.

Got him to fish in that big blue tank (very hard to hook them). He loved all the fish, and is now obsessed with a turkey feather someone handed him at a booth..

Great way to make the outdoors fun for the kids..

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
My only complaint of the whole day was that the entrance to the 3D course wasn't labeled all that well. Once my daughter and I did find it we looked to our right and there was a guy shooting at the fixed targets... IN OUR DIRECTION!! Not cool at all.. He did get the point after I stood there waving my arms at him for a minute or so.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Hey guys I was there all day and I only ran into mack!! All you guys there and no one said hi to me?[cry] I feel so unloved!:p[hihi] it was a great time. poor Attila was going nuts at the sound of the skeet range though He kept expecting birds to fall out of the sky after every shot!![rofl]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts