New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I was going to go hunting this morning, but I decided to get some pepper spray first. Yeah, yeah, I know, I know... but bears can suck sometimes.

Does WalMart sell pepper spray?

This weekend's Black River story did it for me.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I dont think so.

But I know Ramseys does. (In Ledgewood)
They have the counter assault. Its about $40 from Ramseys, and its in the archery section under the gl [no swearing please] counter.

Let me know if you want to meet up and hunt one day Drag. (email me if you do) I have the spray you can carry if we do go hunting. I bought it last year, but I dont carry it anymore. Frig it....if I cant deter a bear with noise, or an arrow, it must have been my time to go.[cool] Its ok, Im cool with it.;)

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
You can, but they just sold it to me like it was candy.[confused]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
If in the rare instance that a bear attacked me to eat me, he isnt getting a free meal. I am going to fight tooth and nail against that beast. Fight dirty too, male bears have hoo-haas, and Im willing to bet it would hurt to kick them there. I bet it hurts them to get chopped in the throat, or gouged in the eyes as well. Im thinking a broadheaded arrow could become a makeshift weapon of opportunity. Along with the $700 bow which would become a "baseball bat". And remember if you can get to your knife, quick jabs with the weak hand while the strong arm defends is the best technique.;) The more jabs you get in, the better off you are! Theres no telling who will be eating who! ;):D He may have loin of Matty, but I may get to have some bear stew. Remember its not the size of the bear in the fight, but the size of the fight in Matty!!!:D

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Bring lots of pepper spray. Bears like their food spicy LOL
Boys I'll have the bears run out of blackriver & pushed deep in whittingham in the next few weeks. No need to thank me LOL

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Be forewarned, More than .75 (3/4) of an ounce of Pepper spray is illegal in NJ. Then again, so is my Glock....

I like the hornet spray idea....

·
Registered
502 Posts
forget the spray, spray you gotta be close, if he's commin' at ya - - - - - - give'im LEAD POISON couple years in the slammer is better than being bear food

·
Registered
388 Posts
Matty's got the right attitude. Pepper spray, hornet spray, or a broadhead,or these bare hands (no pun intended) we are not going down without a fight! I aint afraid of no stinkin bear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts