New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you need your NJ Firearms ID card to purchase in PA or just a drivers license? I recently moved and didn't change the address on it yet and I know in NJ the address on the card has to match your DL address to purchase. I'm gettin the itch for another muzzleloader and don't care to wait for the address change. It can take months. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I believe you need evrything to match - I'm not sure about PA laws or procedures. Simple answer would be to contact the vendor and ask what they require of you.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
You don't need a NJ FID card to purchase a muzzleloader in PA. Just any drivers license that shows you are over 18. Same regulations as buying cigarettes.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ultimate BP Express

check out this ML
Heavy gun. It seems like much more gun than you would need here in NJ. Definately worth a look though. I guess you can load it lighter.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the quick answers guys. I just might have to get out to Cabela's in the next week or two if all I need is a DL.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I just got off the phone with gun department at the Cabelas store in Pa. With New Jersey residents, they require our NJ FID card, photo id, matching addresses, etc.

This confirms what I thought I had read someplace, that states (or is it just Pa) honor other states firearms laws for that state's residents.

Jim

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I just got off the phone with gun department at the Cabelas store in Pa. With New Jersey residents, they require our NJ FID card, photo id, matching addresses, etc.
I purchased a long gun in Maryland this year all that was required was my DL and obviously an ncic check. Cabelas does that as adviced by their attorneys, if they conform to NJ law for NJ residents, less chances of problems for them.
I have purchased rifles in a PA walmart and again all they required was my drivers license.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts

This confirms what I thought I had read someplace, that states (or is it just Pa) honor other states firearms laws for that state's residents.

Jim
True, for rifles and long guns. Muzzleloaders, BB guns and pellet guns can be purchased in PA with just a driver's license. Most of the time they don't even ask for that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts