New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another question, i now shoot a keller pendulem and love it. The only problem i have is in low light conditions. the light on the sight kind of blocks everything else out. not easy to see target. I've noticed alot of the newer pendulems are fiber optic sights. Like the trophy ridge. Anyone use any of the fiber optic pendulem sights and how are they?

thanks

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Woj -

If you're using a peep sight, I found that if you open the whole up a little (at the same angle as the original hole), you will be able to see the "ball" on the Keller Pendulum better in low light.

Forget about using the red light that is on top of the sight - I found that this actually obscured my view, rather than helping it.

Hope this helps!!!

JT

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i know what you mean about the light. i was just wondering about some of the fiber optic pendulem sights out there.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I had a keller but didn't like it after a lot shots through the bow it got loud and started twanging.I have another i think it is a true-glo it has a trinium pin that glows in the dark great sight.But i pretty much just use regular pins now. New bows shoot pretty flat out to 30yrds.And I didn't like it in the mountains., they're great on flat land.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i never had the problem with the noise of the sight but i have read posts on forums by people saying that it was a loud sight. thanks

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I loved my old keller but it was noisey and caused me to miss 2 deer because they jumped the string. I tried stuffing the whole thing with styrofoam and tapping it up. The new ones are supposed to be quieter. But now I have a Savage Quick Click Ranger Pendulum with a tritium pin (nuclear). Very quiet and the pin always glows. Stopped me from stepping on my bow a few times. It also adjusts with a click to shoot from the ground out to 70 yds.
Here's the site no pun intended but I can't find mine. This is real close. They may have stopped the tritium pin deal. I think this is an upgrade as mine doesn't have the wingnuts. This particular site came out a year after mine.

http://www.savagearchery.com/store.php?crn=54&rn=203&action=show_detail

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
I took the light off and replaced it with a Spot Hogg light . It is almost like a black light and if you cover it with your hand turn it on for about two minutes then turn it off the beads will glow real good for you .

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
i am shooting a trophy ridge sight that has a blue led light like the spot hog and i found that it is too bright in low light conditions. The light makes then pin glow really good but it drowns out your target. to remedy this i took a piece of electrical tape and made a small hole in it so the light still works on the pin but isnt so bright.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts