New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Add on creigs list 3 retired law enforcement officers looking for land to hunt deer in Hunterdon or Warren counties will post land and give free PBA card to get you out of tickets. Even after retiremant they seam to abuse power, things will never change. Always a bad bunch in everything.

·
Banned
8,451 Posts
i got a whole mess of them cards stickers i even got that tombstone brass majigger.i feel its sorta bribery though like to whip it out and hand it over to the policeman

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
[down][down]

However, hunters in this state are so desperate for land, people will do just about anything to obtain hunting rights....so, I can.kind of understand thirty angle.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Standard for many landowners here to get them I knew a guy who used to tell them how many he wanted each year as part of the package.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
My brother is the president of an FOP chapter, I just sent him the link to see what he thought of it. I'm not sure what to think. I don't think it makes these guys jerks. But who knows, I'm not sure what the exact protocol is for giving these cards out. (I just know they work for me!!!)

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
PBA card is not a gaurantee. It is a written request from one officer to another. There is nothing to say you won't get a ticket.

You don't want a ticket then slow down speed racer [hihi]

·
Registered
423 Posts
I thought these cards were only for family and close friends. You think these cops would care who they give cards to. Say they give the card to some guy, who also hunts and appears all good, but is involved in organized crimes. You think they might try to link the cop to the guy in his crimes. Not worth the possible trouble it could bring.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
The bearer of this Safety Card has been cited as a safe and courteous driver of motor vehicles and is pledged to cooperate with the Policeman's Benevolent Association in their safe and courteous driving campaign. This card is subject to forfeiture for any violation of the Motor Vehicle Laws of this state.
... Or they have given someone hunting land? Not cool.. and also why I give out exactly 2 cards a year, with my cell phone number on the back for the officer to call me if they stop the person(s) carrying it.
Things like this are also why I ask the bearer "who gave you the card?" I've heard everything from "I'm a mechanic, and my boss gets a bunch of them" to "I don't know." I don't stop many vehicles (not my current assignment), but answers like that get the card taken and turned over to my delegate, with those excuses written on the back, for return to the person who gave it out.

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
Wait until an officer calls the other officer and he does not even know his name. I called an officer about his nephew and he said "lock his dumb ass up I hate him". Why did he give him the card?? I have no idea. He was give a free ride downtown and we kept his card.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Even after retiremant they seam to abuse power, things will never change. Always a bad bunch in everything
sounds to me like somebody got a speeding ticket and has no hooks of their own to get on private land. [cry] quit wasting your time hating and go find your own hooks to get land. [down]

1 - 20 of 60 Posts