New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been fishing up there yet this year? I want to put my boat in, but not sure I can get down by the bridges for rt 80 and rt 46. Any tips on fishing from a boat up there? I know where I can launch.

·
Registered
139 Posts
if you are launching by two bridges the water can be very shallow under the first bridge if you head down river. Alot has to do on river level. if you go up river use caution lots of under water logs. most were marked the last time i was up there. my advice go slow until you know where all obstructions are. this year there has been alot of boats on the water just watch out for other guys there are some blind 90 degree turns up river. if you have anymore questions feel free to pm me.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
been fishing that area alot after work but from shore... been doing pretty well.. some decent smallies as well as largies.. no pike yet? caught a bunch last year in that area.. tons & tons of rock bass!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
River has been high much of the year. Lots of guys speeding up and down that stretch in boats as a result, but fishing has been slow. Matter of fact, pike fishing in that stretch has slowed for me year after year... thoughts on why.
Saw one guy reel up a 30+ incher about 35ft into the air from the rt 46 bridge with a surf rod. sometimes the russian express rolls through and keeps every pike they catch just like at budd lake. many people take thier one fishing trip a year there because they dont think they check liscences, and hook into a big pike and bring it home to show thier mommy, only to realize fish dont live out of water too long.
I was catch and releasing monsters in the river for many years, and since the state started posting the passaic on thier website, fishing in the popular stretches definately declined. But still a lot of good fish in the river, just not as easy to find them as it once was... or maybe i just suck lately:)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Lincoln Park closed the only place to launch on that side of the river. There is only one other place to launch is on the other and it's packed with boats and illegals shore fishing now.

The cops will soon shut it down for sure.

I'm sure all this is due to the non-english speakers doing what they do best.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've noticed that the fishing in the Fairfield/Lincoln Park area isn't nearly as good as it used to be.

Only a 3rd worlder would eat anything from the Passiac River.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
The Lincoln Park Sandpits also hold some big pike. My favorite lakes are the ones that border Lincoln Park Rd. I dont know how many Pike are left in there as I know longer live in Pequannock but there was a flood in the mid 80's and a lot of the big pike from the river ended up in those lakes.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Great section for Bow Fishing too. Used to kill a ton of carp in the strech.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts