New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Rt. 21 N, just before Rt. 3, there's a bridge with some body of water dumping into the Passaic. There's a Mulberry tree right on the point, always killed 'em there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fishing in the passaic river???
Let me know if you bring up any fish with extra gills or extra fins... that water is beyond radioactive lol
Catch and release I'm guessing?

·
Registered
47 Posts
two dead bodies found by fisherman so far this week in the passaic. last summer i talked to a polish guy fishing in passaic that was keeping small carp to eat. I'll have to keep an eye out to see if he is still around, and kicking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
drove around today and found some spots but didnt find any mulberry trees like i was looking for. all i found were some polish guys who looked like they were living on the bank of the river. this was in garfield.

drove down 21 looking for the spot you mentioned bowman, but couldn't find it. did you just park on the highway or is there supposed to be a lot i can pull into?

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
One time while fishing the Passaic under the Rt. 80 overpass by Marcal we were there for about 4 hours 8pm-midnight. All night we kept hearing a voice. Well around 10pm this guy comes down from a tall tree about 20 ft from us with no shirt, ripped up jeans and work boots. This guy really was "high"[smoke] in a tree.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
One time while fishing the Passaic under the Rt. 80 overpass by Marcal
great spot there lol but that guy in a tree is freeky wth

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
One time while fishing the Passaic under the Rt. 80 overpass by Marcal
Same place, another time a guy walked down to the river casted his saltwater rod with half a bagel, walked the pole up to the road got in his pickup and held the pole from inside his pickup. Weird people by the river at night. Always fished it with someone else at night.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am not doubting the fish in the passaic are fine. I personally would not trust that. However, I know of divers from Lyndhurst fire department wear special dry suits (vulcanized rubber) and full face masks to go into it. This is to avoid any seepage into their skin (you can think of it as going underwater inside a bubble of air). They also have no visibility so they go by feel [hihi] fun fun fun
I just saw a guy there today on 21... don;t kknow where he left his car, but he was on the side where north and south are one on top of the other... weird

1 - 20 of 26 Posts