New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is going to the Passaic/Morris counties UBNJ meeting on Nov. 15th 7:30 pm. it is being held at the Bartholdi Avenue firehouse in Butler. I am going to try my hardest to make it. this would be my first meeting since i became a member this year.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I got a call last night about it. I have it on my calendar and will try to make it. I am taking off of work to go hunting, but will try to get back in time to head up there.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I have been meaning to join for some time...Perhaps I could go to the meeting and join.

Especially now after this election we need all the organization we can get.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I wanted to go but I work till 8pm :(

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I live close by..I'm not a member yet but will they let me sit in to check it out? I have been meaning to sign up, but just never did.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Darn, I just realized I'm on shift that day for a 24 hr. Is there any other shifts scheduled close by that area?...Thanks

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just reminding everyone that the meeting is tonight at 7:30. Hope to see some guys there.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Not a member but should be. However, I too am working.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got back from the meeting. it was very informative and it was great to see all of the things they are doing for their members and bowhunting in general. They made us aware that they are going to push sunday bowhunting to a vote sometime this year. If you havent already contact your representatives. This site has a link to the UBNJ website where you can fax and e-mail your representatives. This really needs your support so that fish and wildlife can include this into next years compendium if passed. The next big battle will be reducing the size of safety zones from 450 to 150 feet for bowhunters. this would greatly increase the amount of huntable land bowhunters can access. This was a great meeting tonight and cleared up a lot of questions that i had about the organization. Hopefully there will be more like this in the future. I believe the next northern meeting will be a meeting for all seven northern counties and it will be held in feb. in west milford. check out the UBNJ website for more details.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Currently Offline Posts: 341
Just got back from the meeting. it was very informative and it was great to see all of the things they are doing for their members and bowhunting in general. They made us aware that they are going to push sunday bowhunting to a vote sometime this year. If you havent already contact your representatives. This site has a link to the UBNJ website where you can fax and e-mail your representatives. This really needs your support so that fish and wildlife can include this into next years compendium if passed. The next big battle will be reducing the size of safety zones from 450 to 150 feet for bowhunters. this would greatly increase the amount of huntable land bowhunters can access. This was a great meeting tonight and cleared up a lot of questions that i had about the organization. Hopefully there will be more like this in the future. I believe the next northern meeting will be a meeting for all seven northern counties and it will be held in feb. in west milford. check out the UBNJ website for more details
I was there too and joined..... I was pretty impressed.....I was a member about 15 years ago...the UBNJ has come far since then.

MS22 which guy are you...I am the fat guy with the red shirt.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Was there also, sat on a hi-chair on the left. Great info and look foward to getting more involved. The NJ Fish & Wildlife presentation was alittle dry, but the gist' was that the harvest numbers support antler restrictions in some zones (i.e. giving up smaller bucks to hunt more doe and larger bucks).

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
230...I was the young guy wearing the white G MEN hat sitting at the table near the fish and "wildlife" people. I also thought the presentation was a little dry. As with all studies there were some inconsistencies with the numbers but for the most part it seemed as though the harvest data supported the theory of antler restrictions allowing more bucks to make it into the older age category. I know the biologists are strappedwhen it comes to funding and manpower but this was only a random sampling of the bucks killed during select seasons such as during six day when the most deer are harvested. I think the numbers would have supported APR even more so if they were able to gather data throughout the year from the checkstations within these zones. I vote for APR. it seems as though they are going to present their findings to the council and possibly include APR in next years regulations(as long as that is what the majority of huters would want)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts