New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a good thing I picked yesterday to fish, it looks like the river will be really high, dirty and fast after todays rain.

I landed my biggest of the year yesterday morning on a chartruse buzzbait just after first light. The pike jumped after the buzzbait and missed it but he followed up and nailed it. The pike was just about 41 inches and about an hour later I landed another one that was 36 inches.

On a side note, my kayak tuna trip was ancelled last week due to weather but it looks like I may get another shot this week.

Danny V

· Premium Member
12,369 Posts
awesome fish! congrats[up]

· Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys! Yes the pike did pull me around a bit but nothing like a 7 foot shark, 30 lb. stripers or albies, but I hope to really get pulled around by a blue fin tuna this week!

As far as eating a pike from the Passaic...........NOPE!

And as far as launching....I have launched in about 25 different places from Livingston and all the way down river to the Dundee Dam and have pretty much caught pike along the whole stretch. Anyplace you can park the car near the river is a good place to launch.

Danny V

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.