New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a good thing I picked yesterday to fish, it looks like the river will be really high, dirty and fast after todays rain.

I landed my biggest of the year yesterday morning on a chartruse buzzbait just after first light. The pike jumped after the buzzbait and missed it but he followed up and nailed it. The pike was just about 41 inches and about an hour later I landed another one that was 36 inches.

On a side note, my kayak tuna trip was ancelled last week due to weather but it looks like I may get another shot this week.

Danny V

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Nice fish. Did they tow you around for a while once you hooked them.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Classic passaic pike hit. I've had them do that a lot in there. They backflip after the spinnerbait and then come back to nail it.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Great Pike! [up]

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
awesome fish! congrats[up]

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Thats is awesome[up] What part of the passaic river did you launch the kayak from?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys! Yes the pike did pull me around a bit but nothing like a 7 foot shark, 30 lb. stripers or albies, but I hope to really get pulled around by a blue fin tuna this week!

As far as eating a pike from the Passaic...........NOPE!

And as far as launching....I have launched in about 25 different places from Livingston and all the way down river to the Dundee Dam and have pretty much caught pike along the whole stretch. Anyplace you can park the car near the river is a good place to launch.

Danny V

·
Registered
907 Posts
way to go Dan, I hope you get a break with the weather for the off shore trip.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts