New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HUNTER INJURED ATTEMPTING TO RECOVER BLACK BEAR
A Cumberland County man was injured by a more than 320-pound black bear he had shot and was trying to recover on the first day of bear season, Nov. 21.

Samuel H. Beauchamp, 47, of Newville, was swiped by the injured bear and bitten twice during the encounter, which occurred in Huntingdon County's Todd Township in the Rothrock State Forest near Cassville at 7:30 a.m. Monday. The bear, which had been shot four times, died at Beauchamp's feet shortly after he had been bitten the second time. The hunter was taken to the J.C. Blair Memorial Hospital in Huntingdon, where he was treated and released.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Sounds like the guy my brother told me a story about last night.:D

As you know he is in Police Academy. They watched a re-enactment of an ordeal where a man broke into his gfs house to kill her and ended up in a fight with responding officers. The female officer (trainee) was shot and killed through her vest with one shot.:( THIS OGER of a man took 10 shots from the training offcers gun before succumbing to his wounds. Of those wounds, 7 were center m [no swearing please] and one was point blank in the forehead. Three shots to the chest finally finished him off. Is that crazy or what?

If we run into a bear like that dude, I have a feeling your tiny bottle of pepper spray isnt gonna work.:p:D

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I find it thrilling that my food can hunt me.;)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Matty,

Did I tell you the story of the Mountain Lion my buddy took in Idaho a couple years ago? Talk about being hunted...

-dan

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Sounds like the guy should've waited a little longer before recovering his trophy.

David

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
No Dan, you should share it with us![up][up]

I love hunts like that.....If you come home with clean underwear, it wasnt an exciting hunt!:D

Someday I would like to take a grizzly with a recurve. Of course that will probably never happen, but I would love to try. Along with many other hunts like that.....

Mt. Lions are one thing that scare the bejesus out of me. Such an efficient predator! (((chills ran down my spine))))

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I've been charged by a boar, almost hooked by wildebeest, damn near tramped by a bison and almost snake bit more than once.

I have to agree with yoda4x4, but sometimes they are un-predictable. Something about the shot placement here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts