New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
It doesn't look like it wants a saucer of milk, and a little scratch behind the ears.

Reactions: onthefly_bg

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
doesn't look like he had to go far to get him. looks like he set the trap in the flower bed. looks like mulch and planted bushes. lol that's the way to get it done

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
So I'm not a trapper, never trapped in my life with snares or foot hold traps. I assume this happens from time to time with non target animals. How in the hell do you deal with a pissed off bobcat or a skunk during a live release? without looking like someone ran your body through a wood chipper, or go home smelling worse than a backed up septic tank? Is there some kind of suit you wear like the guys from the bomb squad use? Tranquilizer dart? Some kind of tool that let's you release them from a safe distance? I can't imagine they are happy to see you when you show up and just let you walk over and let them go without some kind of fight. Talk to me like I'm 5 years old on this one thanks.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
So I'm not a trapper, never trapped in my life with snares or foot hold traps. I assume this happens from time to time with non target animals. How in the hell do you deal with a pissed off bobcat or a skunk during release? without looking like someone ran your body through a wood chipper, or go home smelling worse than a backed up septic tank? Is there some kind of suit you wear like the guys from the bomb squad use? Tranquilizer dart? Some kind of tool that let's you release them from a safe distance? I can't imagine they are happy to see you when you show up and just let you walk over and let them go without some kind of fight. Talk to me like I'm 5 years old on this one thanks.
Catch pole, low IQ and quick reflexes....

·
Registered
570 Posts
So I'm not a trapper, never trapped in my life with snares or foot hold traps. I assume this happens from time to time with non target animals. How in the hell do you deal with a pissed off bobcat or a skunk during a live release? without looking like someone ran your body through a wood chipper, or go home smelling worse than a backed up septic tank? Is there some kind of suit you wear like the guys from the bomb squad use? Tranquilizer dart? Some kind of tool that let's you release them from a safe distance? I can't imagine they are happy to see you when you show up and just let you walk over and let them go without some kind of fight. Talk to me like I'm 5 years old on this one thanks.
in my day trappers dispatched, 22 or club.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts