New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a 1978 Glastron from some one in PA and i live in NJ.He had a reg for the trailer which I put in my name but the boat DMV told me I need a boat Reg from the owner.He said when he bought from his neighbor and the number on the boat just carried over to his name all he had to due is register the trailer and he was good to go is that how it works in PA.Can anyone guide me in the right direction. Thanks

·
Registered
15,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will call them Joe.I had all that info At DMV this morning they said I need e reg for the boat.Called the guy who gave it to me he said the PA reg numbers on the boat just carried over to him never actually had a reg card for the boat

·
Registered
750 Posts
The numbers will transfer over but he needs to re register the boat every 2 years and get new owners card and sticker for boat. All my stickers expire march 2010 with the owners card.

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
He ran the boat ilegal and wasn't in compliance with Pa. therefore did he have the currant sticker affixed to vessel?

Pa. owner needs to provide you with a duplicate title. One owner possibility is to provide a bill of sale with the vin # then see if NJ will register the vessel this way. just a thought.

Maybe try a reconstruction type title?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts